Risk tolerance: Not big risk takers. Looking to keep stock exposure to minimum. Thinking 30-35% in various funds should do the job. We would like the other 65% in safer investments. Bonds, cd's, bond funds, income funds, whatever! He would also like to leave
a good bit beyond when he departs so that would mean living off
what he earns from investments for the most part. It's only been a few months that Bonuses in the business were given for intitutions with some clerical & secritaries getting 100K+ freebies.
Going with what the origial poster was requesting.
I would look at the 30 - 35% being put into hedge funds
whose investment style and managers he studies and finds
to his liking. I gave him information and some reasons that
fit his investing credentials. Criticism, lucky it is cheap or guess we would be paying for some of the free info posted here.
Myself I trust the hedge fund managers I use more than I do
the dollar or institutional managed investments that have no skin
in the game. I hope to live off earnings of my investments until
I am at least sniffing social security ( 60+).
No debt been helping my folks with funds for 20 years to
include buying them a little retirement house in Florida.
I just bought another place where I will move the folks
and get them out of harms way ( their not mobile enough
for the storms anymore). I will not break even on what I put into
their house but that is small potatoes.
Raised 2 children on my own for several years ( 2 & 8 yo) and got
to where I am at today by being a common laborer with no degrees. I am coming from humble beginings working since 14.
I only hope to have 60K a year to live on and see some of the world also. Maybe reward my brother who does not have alot
who helps the folks out quite a bit.
Sure some can come up with a few investments they like and
deem to be safe enough for the ER board. I gave a couple ideas
Was doing some mails with Hoenig Thursday morn 4:15 am
he was up trading currencies NZ and Polish Poloty.