How to keep your money safe?

huusom

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi all:

I want to hear from you how would one keep his/her money safe when living oversea. Particularly in countries like Vietnam, Thailand, etc.? Are there international banks that we can use to safely transfer money to and withdraw from when we're in those countries?

Thank in advance for your advises.

[Moderator Edit]
Yes ATM cards work in all but a few countries like North Korea, Iran and maybe a few others. Get cash when you need it every few days, no more than what you need
and can afford to lose. Most countries have ATM's about every corner now days
even in the smallest villages and Thailand 3 or more per city block. This is of course the
ATM card you most likely already own with your local bank.

Citibank is probably your best bet. Check with them before you go.

R

Make sure the PIN you have set for your ATM card is only four digits since I believe some machines/networks still have this limitation.

Thailand has a number of inernational banks and Vietnam too. If you use HSBC, can used the HSBC ATM card from home country to withdraw money from Vietnam ATM machines. Best check with the international banks in home country to see whether they have branches in Thailand and Vietnam. I think you will find a number of international bank branches in Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom