Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-18-2017, 05:50 AM   #41
Dryer sheet aficionado

We are getting ready to book two more trips including business class seats for the longer trips.

Enjoy!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
I tried to buy some cat poop coffee once at ~$250 a pound or something like that but it was always sold out. If you really want to try something, price is not always the barrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017ish View Post
Kopi luwak. Luckily, DW isn't interested in trying it! (Dumb me--I just assumed civets were "monkeys"; cat is much closer. Learned something new today. Thanks, Fermion!)
I thought this was an inside joke, but truth is stranger than fiction once again.

And all this time I thought it was only politicians who tried to feed people a load of cr*p.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I am passionate about Thunderbird. Whatever it costs, I'm down.

Ha

I think I damaged my brain, liver, and possibly even my soul with that stuff in college...not to mention Mad Dog 20/20 and even the occasional "King Cobra" malt liquor. On second thought, I always thought mad dog was probably what embalming fluid would taste like...so maybe that balanced the others out?

It makes me smile and cringe at the same time!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlerth View Post
I thought this was an inside joke, but truth is stranger than fiction once again.

And all this time I thought it was only politicians who tried to feed people a load of cr*p.
Heh, heh. You need to watch THE BUCKET LIST and watch Morgan Freeman (as Carter the dying auto mechanic) tell Jack Nicholson (as Edward, the dying Megamillionaire) what gives Kopi Luwak its unique and expensive flavor. It's the best laugh of the movie - worth it just for this scene. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Heh, heh. You need to watch THE BUCKET LIST and watch Morgan Freeman (as Carter the dying auto mechanic) tell Jack Nicholson (as Edward, the dying Megamillionaire) what gives Kopi Luwak its unique and expensive flavor. It's the best laugh of the movie - worth it just for this scene. YMMV
That is funny!

Old 06-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
I tried to buy some cat poop coffee once at ~$250 a pound or something like that but it was always sold out. If you really want to try something, price is not always the barrier.
I heard that there were counterfeit versions of Kopi Luwak going around. Ironically, some rich people were really angry to find out that there wasn't any $h!t in their coffee!

The things some people complain about!

-ERD50
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 AM   #47

I Bought it, Because I Can

Ok the oh so fussy kids were away yesterday so we splurged... stuffed flounder for dinner! The crab meat was $19 a pound. Oh so good. I guess my idea of splurging is pretty small time. They will be away tonight as well - lobster tails!

I say if you can afford it and you really want it...do it.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayinpenn View Post
Ok the oh so fussy kids were away yesterday so we splurged... stuffed flounder for dinner! The crab meat was $19 a pound. Oh so good. I guess my idea of splurging is pretty small time. They will be away tonight as well - lobster tails!

Reminds me of when our three boys were still at home, we had steak every Sunday--but it was chuck roast, sliced in half to make the thickness work. Once they were all gone, we went to tenderloin--not because they were fussy, but because the family ate over 5 pounds of meat at that meal when they were in high school!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #49
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayinpenn View Post

I agree Ray
Old 06-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
I reply, i have to give you plastic, i dont have that kind of cash on me. "SOLD".
Wait just a minute...I thought you hated plastic and carried around no less than $54,000 in cash and gold on you at all times?!?
Old 06-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #51
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
Wait just a minute...I thought you hated plastic and carried around no less than $54,000 in cash and gold on you at all times?!?
I see you didnt read the posts clearly. I walk around with a lot of dough. When i go to get a few bottles of champagne for my pre Fathers day festivities, i dont have that on me. I dont usually carry $54,000 on me. But although you are trying to mock me, I DO carry gold on me at all times. I have a $50 1998 gold coin money clip. So the coin itself is an ounce, and the money clip it was set in is only 14k with a 51 point diamond in it. Yeah, try and take it. I see this is the second consecutive post that seems to be anti BCG, you got a beef with me? This also proves my point, I spend more using plastic than cash.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I see you didnt read the posts clearly. I walk around with a lot of dough. When i go to get a few bottles of champagne for my pre Fathers day festivities, i dont have that on me. I dont usually carry $54,000 on me. But although you are trying to mock me, I DO carry gold on me at all times. I have a $50 1998 gold coin money clip. So the coin itself is an ounce, and the money clip it was set in is only 14k with a 51 point diamond in it. Yeah, try and take it. I see this is the second consecutive post that seems to be anti BCG, you got a beef with me? This also proves my point, I spend more using plastic than cash.
So if someone isn't excited as you about your purchase then they have a beef with you? We're happy for your booze purchase. Good time to move on with this thread
Old 06-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #53
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bir48die View Post
So if someone isn't excited as you about your purchase then they have a beef with you? We're happy for your booze purchase. Good time to move on with this thread
He is joking for heaven's sake.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Old 06-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #55
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bir48die View Post
I never said I walk around with 54k, I never said I dont use plastic. Am I not allowed to respond to a poster that I perceive to be twisting my words. Im a huge kidder, I dont think he was kidding me. If Im wrong he can respond, and I will apologize.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:47 PM   #56

Quote:
I never said I walk around with 54k, I never said I dont use plastic. Am I not allowed to respond to a poster that I perceive to be twisting my words. Im a huge kidder, I dont think he was kidding me. If Im wrong he can respond, and I will apologize.
I was kidding; no offense was intended. I had no intention to "twist" your words; I was simply referring to an earlier post where you mentioned that you make habit of carrying large (in my opinion) sums of cash, which is contrary to *most* folks normal SOPs.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #57
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
I was kidding; no offense was intended. I had no intention to "twist" your words; I was simply referring to an earlier post where you mentioned that you make habit of carrying large (in my opinion) sums of cash, which is contrary to *most* folks normal SOPs.
Then Sir, I was wrong and I am very sorry for not realizing it. I apologize.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #58

It might be a good investment for $2800.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #59

Sorry BCG, no apology, only cash is acceptable. Send them my way.