i did it , first day retired

my wife already threatened me with death if i think i am going to watch the market reports all day and stress out ha ha ha

i think the biggest adjustment is really not going to be financial but the fact you stop interacting with so many people in a day.

being a commissioned sales engineer my daily life brought me in to contact with so many people .

most never heard my jokes before ha ha ha .

now except for the kids and grand kids on weekends it is just the two of us.

she says unto death do us part isn't going to be a marriage vow as much as a goal ha ha ha

funny that my retirement actually happened 15 years to the month after finding this forum.

it reminds me of that commercial for the financial company we see here where the woman gives her boss 15 years notice .

Last edited:
Congratulations🎉
My 1year anniversary of RE was yesterday. It has flown by and never a day of regret! Enjoy the freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations! It takes a while to get used to not having to hurry any more. But it's so good when it happens.

thanks to all for the good wishes.

Congratulations!
We share a retirement date (almost). The 31st was officially my last day but I saved up 27 days of vacation so I ve been off work since June 23rd. I can't believe how good this feels but I'm having some doubts all at the same time.

as of last night i am now officially a retiree. i am unemployed for the first time.

now i get to stop waking up at 2:00 am and thinking about all the stresses of work and shift over to stressing about whether markets will have a deep long downturn right at my start.

you can't win ha ha ha

You will probably still wake up at 2:00 am and think about how you are going to handle a problem at work. And then it dawns on you that you don't work anymore and that it isn't YOUR problem anymore. You will then return to the most blissful sleep you've ever had.

At least it was that way for me for about 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom