I sold because I wanted to.

Martha, If you get down to my neck of the woods I know a great gift shop we can explore and maybe all the southern folks can have a get together . I will then explain my strange punctuation problems over a glass of wine .

Sounds excellent. This winter I am planning to head south then west as my sister wants to do some birding in Arizona. But next winter I want to head back to Florida.

Congratulations Martha. Doing what you wanna feels good...mend quickly. :flowers:

If something feels right both before and after, it is almost always the right decision. At least, this has usually been the case with me. Enjoy the warm weather on your travels and get better soon.

Congratulations, Martha. I hope you feel better soon and the chest xray next month shows the pneumonia is all gone so you can enjoy your travels.

As a fellow MN-ite I can heartily recommend canoeing:

Rice Creek (N suburbs) - spring
Minnehaha -spring if rainy. 2009 a total bust.
Cannon river (cannon falls area)
Root river (lanesboro)
Rum River - spring/summer
Kettle river (certain parts to be avoided unless you have a death wish)
St. Croix river (good if you like drinking beer instead of steering your canoe)
and of course,

BWCA

I am not familiar with southern Minnesota canoeing/kayaking, though I have done bits of the St. Croix most has been the upper St. Croix which is a lot wilder.

I'd add the St. Louis and Cloquet rivers to your list, which are close to me.

So Innova, do you have an Innova?

Take care of yourself Martha. If you ever consider heading out to the NW please let me know. Until our home sells we will be on Bainbridge Island, after that Portland.

Get well soon....

If something feels right both before and after, it is almost always the right decision. At least, this has usually been the case with me. Enjoy the warm weather on your travels and get better soon.

I'll second the comment about knowing when it's right. We took it in the shorts when we sold our OH house (20% below our purchase price) but we did not want to spend another winter in OH. We have had no regrets about doing what it took to get the house sold and heading to FL. We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day outside in the warm sunshine. :cool:

Hey, Martha - Come on down! Things have been real peachy down here on the Rio Grande! Unfortunately, DH and I have to leave at the end of Nov.

Audrey

A couple of months ago I posted:

. For the time being I have to remain a Minnesota resident. If that changes I might end up buying a place in another state. If not, I plan on looking for a condo or small home in Mpls/St. Paul.
I am thinking of an extensive road trip south starting about December 22. :)

Get well soon Martha. I just put my Bloomington condo up for sale. Spectacular views of the MN river valley.

Funny you mentioned Como. Just had lunch at the Conservatory yesterday. :)

Minneapolis region has the highest quality of living in the country from most studies. I visited Spring Grove, MN., recently, which is the southern end of the State, and really found the natural beauty and cleanliness there a real joy.
If you can hack those awful Winters, it's a terrific place to live.

Orchidflower I could not agree with you more. I commuted to MSP for 24 years for work from AZ. I liked it so much I bought a condo there six years ago. Now that I am retired, I like it even more and bought another condo in the same complex.

I was supposed to be on the road back to AZ yesterday, but the weather is so nice we decided to delay our departure for a couple of days. We are finding AZ boring especially after living there for 28 years.

Ck 6

Back
Top Bottom