Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueace View Post
Have you ever had any kind of significant lawsuits? Do you just have a massive general liability policy? That is one of my concerns with real estate vs index funds... litigation. Thanks if you don't mind.
Never a lawsuit or insurance claim. It's a concern of course. I do have a good general liability policy. I also take very good care of my rentals, all are exceptionally maintained and I have exceptional tenants almost always. That's about all I can do to minimize the risk. I haven't found a place to put money that comes with no risk at all. I remember being frustrated to learn the more you have the more it costs to protect but the alternative is worse.
Joylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
That post tho! You win the award for the strangest post ive ever read on here. Since most people his age are working means he should also be working? I dont know too many people who couldnt occupy their time doing hobbies of their choice throughout the day. Do weekends still exist to hang out with friends? What about after THEY are done working? My friends still have a social life after work hours.

If anyone has rentals that cover their expenses what reason is there to punch a clock? If all your expenses are met you have close to 1MM in the bank...why would you want to make someone else money? Go do whatever you want on your terms.
It comes from my days of working a night shift job with odd rotating schedule of 7 on 3 off, so I only got a few weekends off.

I'd have daytime off, could go to the park, movie by myself. My buddies were available the odd weekend, but they also use that time to catch up on stuff they skipped because of work.

I quickly realized the only people available were bums, park workers, new moms with kids and really old retired folks.

I was pointing out the social aspect many folks derive from work and a "normal" social routine.
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote