If you knew the dollar was about to crash

Right before the last big recession, it looked very clear that getting out of US dollars made sense. But then the recession came along and US dollars became what everyone wanted. You just can't predict this stuff. Whatever you know about the direction of the currencies, the pro currency traders know that and more.

YHowever, I think it's very likely we will see a substantial reduction in our standard of living -- much more expensive imports (which these days covers just about everything) which will simply mean we'll all have to get by on less.

Of course, the flip side of this is that if imports get more expensive, then domestic industry will become more cost-competitive and may partially reinvigorate domestic manufacturing. Glass half full! :)

Done that already...bought 6000 rounds not long ago...:D[/quote
"Buy it cheap and stack it deep!" as the old adage goes.

I think most people are aware of the run up in munitions prices and some people theorize that it is based on metals demand, but even when metals prices (copper) plummeted, munitions continued rising.

Several years ago, when traveling along the Amazon river, I met an American who traveled the river extensively and he carried "shotgun" shells instead of Dollars. He informed me that they could be traded for a meal, a bed or even a night with the Chiefs daughter.

At the time, I thought it was just an interesting curiosity and filed it away in my head under "useless information". In later years when I became more interested in Fiat currency and was thinking what was small enough to carry, could be easily traded, and could protect itself, munitions was a logical answer.

If I feel the need to carry around larger denominations, hand grenades are easy to carry and are much less cumbersome on fishing trips!

If I feel the need to carry around larger denominations, hand grenades are easy to carry and are much less cumbersome on fishing trips!

That's one thing I fear - explosive growth in hand grenade sales.

I'll stick to my international investments... less volatile...

Back
Top Bottom