"Increasing Panic", London Times

My wife's family is from Paris. I've spent the past 15 years defending our country. It's getting tiring.

I am running into more anti-american sentiment abroad. If the complaintant is civil and objective I try to discuss it objectively. If they are radicals, I respond with "Man your talking to the right guy, I personally ordered the troops into Iraq" or "Dude, your right and after all the Americans are gone, the Chinese (Iranians, Radical Muslims, take your pic) will certainly honor and respect you and the world will be a perfect place..."

It usually shuts them up :)

I am running into more anti-american sentiment abroad. If the complaintant is civil and objective I try to discuss it objectively. If they are radicals, I respond with "Man your talking to the right guy, I personally ordered the troops into Iraq" or "Dude, your right and after all the Americans are gone, the Chinese (Iranians, Radical Muslims, take your pic) will certainly honor and respect you and the world will be a perfect place..."

It usually shuts them up :)

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately my french in-laws live in the US (and have for 50 years) so I need to deal with the anti-Americanism here in America.

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately my french in-laws live in the US (and have for 50 years) so I need to deal with the anti-Americanism here in America.

Ah, trapped in the belly of the beast. Poor folks :)

FWIW, the lines at US embassies are longer than ever (locals applying for visas, etc.) For such a pack of blood thirsty savages, we're still pretty popular :)

Lance out

Back
Top Bottom