ING Direct on line bank experiences

RatherBeFishn

Dryer sheet aficionado
Do any of you use the online bank ING (a.k.a. Orange) for your savings account? If so can you share whether it's been a positive experience, if so..why and if not..why not?

I've used them a couple of years. No problems. It does seem to take a little longer for money to get from there to my bank than i'd like. Seems about 3-4 days for a transfer that reality says takes about 60 seconds to a couple of hours...

I use ING for the savings account. I agree that they seem slow. It seems like all the other financial transactions I do online take 1 or 2 business days. ING seems to take longer. Plus any deposits made have to sit for 5 business days before they are "available" for xfer out. Annoying but what are you gonna do..

ING is a little slow. I have accounts at both ING and Emigrant Direct. On 6/13 I did an online transfer from both to my primary checking account at a local bank. The Emigrant transfer posted on 6/15, ING on 6/16.

However, the ING online banking web site is better than Emigrant's. Much more information (daily interest amounts, etc.).

REW

I use ING direct, but only for cash that will not be needed in the immediate future. They are a little slow, so mostly its a holding pen for longer term cash, stuff like expected tax payments, future solo 401k contributions, etc. that won't be paid out for months.

BTW, I received a package in the mail today from Emigrant Direct. Sent me two very nice "gimmie caps" and a letter thanking me for opening an account.

I would have preferred a toaster... ;)

REW

Back
Top Bottom