IngDirect paying 2.6%

I have an ING savings account at 2.6%. It's nice because I'm poor and only moving $25 a month into it. It beats my credit union's current rate.

Anybody else notice that vanguards MM funds are actually paying some half decent rates now...I think the admiral MM is paying 2.3%? Not bad if you're up for keeping your cash all in one place.

Well, LT bonds are out on the floor today doing their little strip tease dance if you're in an adventurous mood.

Anybody else notice that vanguards MM funds are actually paying some half decent rates now...I think the admiral MM is paying 2.3%? Not bad if you're up for keeping your cash all in one place.

Posted as 2.31% today. Thats where I stash the cash while its waiting for me to pick another sucky fund. I cant seem to just "set it and forget it". Like you said...whats up when CDs look good!?

BUM

My weekly Corus bank post

I think they should kick in some money for all the exposure I have given them.

This week its short term CDs went up again.

If you have min $10k.

6 months is 3.32% APY
1 year is 3.70% APY

They continue to be the internet market leaders for 6 and 12 months CDs and they keep going up. Last week the 1 year was 3.59%

http://www.corusbank.com/

MJ :)

Thanks for the update MJ. I noticed the other day that
the best MM rate on bankrate.com was some bank in Irvine, Cal. 3.25% with check writing and a low
minimum deposit. I was tempted but am still
studying (yep, I tend to overdo) my options. Right now
I am getting 2.53% in my regular bank's checking
account. That extra .5% would be attractive, even though
in the real world it won't buy me much. I can get
a 3% MM locally but lots of conditions attached.

JG

Back
Top Bottom