Inspiring quote for these troubled times...

Why would anyone assume I knew the words to one of them there hippie, drug songs? :rolleyes:

Dope will get you through times with no money
Better than money will get you through times with no dope...

Poster

or

You are not wrong who deem
That my days have been a dream
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night or in a day
In a vision or in none
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Poe

This is worse than a divorce, I've lost half my net worth and I still have a wife"

Why would anyone assume I knew the words to one of them there hippie, drug songs? :rolleyes:

Poster

I came this ' ' close to choosing Freewheelin' Franklin as my Forum name. :D

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

I'm rather breathless at this juncture ;)

Yep - with the market like it has been lately - watching a Saint's game all the way thru to the end of the 4th quarter has been a lot easier.

Now if someone calls me and says the computer rebalancing my balanced index (aka Target Retirement) has been unplugged and is no longer running on full auto - I might get upset.

Meanwhile back at the ranch - 15th year of ER, age 65 and not getting any younger - party til you can't party no more - take ten - and party on.

heh heh heh - :D SEC yield a tad north of 3% :D - so I may be drinking the cheap stuff - next year. :angel:. A little Bogle - 'press on regardless.'

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.....

Deep Thoughts....by Jack Handey

frank01.gif

"i see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money-power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed."~~abraham lincoln

oh, sorry, you wanted inspiring. ok. well, how about...

"champaign wishes and caviar dreams."

"Never give up, Never surrender"

Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest

DD

But its gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
It’s gonna take plenty of money
To do it right, child

It’s gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It’s gonna take patience and time, mmm
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right, child
~~rudy clark 1962

From the movie: "Airplane"

I picked a bad week to give up:
Smoking
Drinking
Taking amphetamines
Sniffing glue

"Fuggit, it ain't nothing."

I'll leave it to you to guess where it came from. If you know, I hope you learned it second hand.

Back
Top Bottom