Inspiring quote for these troubled times...

CompoundInterestFan

Recycles dryer sheets
From the movie "Innerspace": "When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man [or woman] that can kick back and party."

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve your turn long after they are gone, and so hold on when there is nothing in you except the will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
http://www.early-retirement.org/quotes/quotes/r/rudyardkip101657.html

If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son.

Rudyard Kipling

"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? - Richard Allen

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. - Warren Buffett

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well. - Buffett

[/FONT]

This too shall pass

edit:

May you live in interesting times

Well, given the number of falling knives I seem to be catching lately, what comes to mind is

Dylan Thomas
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
or [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rudyard Kipling
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son.

Rudyard Kipling

.... and his son, Jack, took his advice and died in battle in WWI ....

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote:
Half a league onward,
Rode the six hundred.

Actually this quote is from Alfred, Lord Tennyson - I hope we stock investors come better than they did ;)

Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
space.gif
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
space.gif
Left of six hundred.

Let's hope the survivors that weather the market come out ahead.

I have a friend that can confirm this; back in our wilder days a guy passed out in her bed (after she was asleep) and urinated in his drunken stupor. She woke up pissed on and pissed off.

I guess we all have our wilder days to look back on. An old girlfriend told me that I slept on the coach with her one time and in the middle of the night (I had a few too many) I stood up and urinated on her coffee table, zipped up, and went back to sleep. She was nice enough to clean it up. The next morning I didn't remember a thing.

If I were to do that today, DW would slap me silly. :bat:

Back to inspiring quotes:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]I am not as concerned about the return on my money, as I am about the return of my money. - Will Rogers[/SIZE][/FONT]

Where's the rest of that Little Feat song when you need it...HFWR? O0
He may be busy, so here you go:

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me.
Pass it over to me.

Roll another one
Just like the other one.
This one's burnt to the end
Come on and be a friend.

Pass it over to me.
Pass it over to me.

Ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oll another one
Just like the other one.
You've been hanging on to it
And I sure would like a hit.

Pass it over to me.
Pass it over to me

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote:
Half a league onward,
Rode the six hundred.

Actually this quote is from Alfred, Lord Tennyson - I hope we stock investors come better than they did ;)

Ah jeez. I know Tennyson wrote that. I studied it and referenced it for years at work. My father is probably rolling over in his grave right now. It's either early-onset Alzheimer's or just plain market induced brain befuddlements (aka brain fart).

As to a better outcome, let us hope. Me - I'm already on plan "D".

If you know exactly how much money you've lost, then you didn't have enough of it to begin with. - retire@40

"'Cause when it's sink or swim, you got to think to win" - Ice T

Back
Top Bottom