Interest on Checking Accounts?

mathjak107 said:
it seems if you had cash reserves in a taxable account with fidelity you were allowed to keep it but now they use a lower paying core. cash reserves in a retirement account is still an option.

yes, that's the deal I was offerred. But it's still a great deal since there's no minimum on the core, and you get free electronic bill pay, Visa check card, and can keep 98% of your money in cash reserves at 5% interest. And there's no $250 minimum on checks. Still, it would be more convenient to just put it all in cash reserves.

bosco said:
yes, that's the deal I was offerred. But it's still a great deal since there's no minimum on the core, and you get free electronic bill pay, Visa check card, and can keep 98% of your money in cash reserves at 5% interest. And there's no $250 minimum on checks. Still, it would be more convenient to just put it all in cash reserves.

fidelity even pays all my atm fee's...

i use them as my checking account and even have my pay check direct deposited. they reimburse me all atm fee's for taking money out.

mathjak107 said:
fidelity even pays all my atm fee's...

i use them as my checking account and even have my pay check direct deposited. they reimburse me all atm fee's for taking money out.

How timely, Driving around yesterday I see a (new) sign for a local bank
which says they now have a checking account which pays............
(forget exactly but over 5%) and totally free, no fees and no minimum
balances. Gonna check it out. Sounds too good to be true.

JG

Back
Top Bottom