Interesting rant from fundalarm.com

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
MFS Massachusetts Investors Trust is seeking an increase in its management fee.....Previously, this fund was able to scrape by on income of $8.7 million per year.....Now the trustees are asking for a 72% increase, which would allow the fund to scrape by on about $15 million per year.....Proxy materials offer the usual excuses for a fee increase, which we have taken the liberty of paraphrasing:

Everyone else is making more money than we are and, besides, the stock market is really complicated, and we need all kinds of people and computers and stuff to keep up with everybody else who's making more money than we are. If we don't get this huge fee increase, we don't know how we can continue delivering returns that almost exactly track the unmanaged Vanguard Index 500 fund

FundAlarm is getting weary: Will shareholders ever learn to say "NO" to this kind of shameless money grab?

Anyone here invested in this MFS beauty? It appears as if you are not even going to be kissed before they screw you doesn't it?

mickeyd said:
It appears as if you are not even going to be kissed before they screw you doesn't it?
Mickey, I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired. Here's the intro to that quote: "This was the first rant of its kind in FundAlarm, and nothing has changed (from the October 1998 Highlights & Commentary)"

Back
Top Bottom