International REIT ETF?

JustCurious

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
State Street Global Advisors just started an international (ex-US) commercial real estate ETF which trades as RWX. Up until now, U.S. investors have not had easy low cost access to international real estate. I am considering putting a small percentage of my portfolio into this ETF to gain diversification into international commercial real estate.

Any thoughts?

JustCurious said:
State Street Global Advisors just started an international (ex-US) commercial real estate ETF which trades as RWX. Up until now, U.S. investors have not had easy low cost access to international real estate. I am considering putting a small percentage of my portfolio into this ETF to gain diversification into international commercial real estate.

Any thoughts?
International REITs and real estate in general, have had a good run, but the sector is probably still a decent bet. A little over a year ago I mentioned Fido's International Real Estate Fund (http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=4620.0) and since it has proven to be a winner. At ~ 27% it is one of my biggest winners. Oddly (or not) my other big winners are foreign as well.
I'd give FIREX a shot.

JustCurious said:

Any thoughts?

I'm waiting for WisdomTree's international real estate ETF to be released so that I can do a side by side comparison. The one chosen will get a 5% allocation to the portfolio.

We had a poster indicating that he had purchased some IGR "ING Clarion Global Real Estate Income Fund" distributing kind of 8% of divies.

Could this poster or others who used this fund confirm the payment, dates and regularity of the dividends checks ?

Thanks in advance.

poyet said:
We had a poster indicating that he had purchased some IGR "ING Clarion Global Real Estate Income Fund" distributing kind of 8% of divies.

I wasn't the original poster, but I have some experience with IGR and also with RWF, both closed end international REIT funds. Neither one is purely international (they both include investments in the US). Both pay monthly and both have done extremely well in 2006.

The dividends have been consistent, along with a large year end payout coming soon, but as the price has gone up the yield has naturally gone down and is now between 5% and 6%. IGR still trades at a discount, RWF now trades at a premium to NAV.

A good place for more specific information than the general stuff I wrote here is www.etfconnect.com which is one of the best sites for anything on ETFs.

Back
Top Bottom