Join Early Retirement Today
Intuit to Acquire
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Intuit to Acquire

Just got a note in my email from Intuit announcing that they intend to acquire Here's the official announcement:

Announcement: to Join the Intuit Family - Official Quicken® Blog

I especially like this part: ". . .Intuit will continue to offer easy-to-use Quicken desktop software, online services and popular mobile products as well. We understand it’s important to you to be able to continue using the products you know and trust."

I was thinking about moving to Moneydance for next year. Anyone have any experience with it?

-- Rita

Only got A dimple, would have preferred 2!
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
I was thinking about moving to Moneydance for next year. Anyone have any experience with it?
I use Moneydance 2008 as well as Quicken -- decided to give MD a try because I don't like Intuit's policy of full-price upgrades and intentionally breaking online functionality for older versions, and I wanted to encourage developers to produce a feasible and compatible alternative.

It does the job, but still feels a little unpolished and not yet fully mature. The main thing, I think, is to see what it does and doesn't do because you may or may not need some of the things it can't do that Quicken can.

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
I have tried Mint, Moneydance, and Yodlee. While they differ in look and feel, they are similar. I found that they are all budget-based as far as features. The aggregate your investment accounts in one place but when all was said and done, none of them was better for me than Vgds site, especially if you track outside investment there, too.

Google Spreadsheet (I like their "=returnxxx()" and other finance forumulas) does the trick for me. I'll check these other companies for more robust portfolio features as they mature.
San Francisco Area
ESR'd March 2010. FIRE'd January 2011.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote