Join Early Retirement Today
Re: Inversion countdown
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

Originally Posted by Have Funds, Will Retire
If you right-click the image, save it, then open it in whatever software you have, you can then "blow it up". You'll lose some resolution though, depending on the photo's original res...
If you're using firefox, you can just type: alt-v y enter
(or pick No Style from the View menu.)
Works great to make lots of websites more readable, but the big pics on this site can actually get in the way if you use No Style.

lazyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Wharton:* Don't Sweat the Inverted Yield Curve: No One Really Knows What It Means.

"All the forecasts are quite favorable. There aren't any real excesses in the economy at the current time, and you usually think of recession as a tonic to the economy, to undo excess."

"I certainly wouldn't describe it as a sharply inverted yield curve. It's 'flattish' and downward-sloping in some segments."

"Long-term rates may be staying low because high demand for Treasuries and other U.S. debt securities keeps bond prices high, which keeps yields low. Bonds represent loans from bond buyers to bond issuers. When demand is high, issuers like the government can attract lots of buyers despite offering low yields."

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

All fine and well, Nords, but I am planning on buying some longer dated QQQ puts in the May-June timeframe unless I see very obvious changes that suggest the danger is past.
"Neither my companion or I carry firearms on our persons. We depend on the goodwill of our fellow man and the forbearance of reptiles."

- English Bob
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #84
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yet another crisis averted. Not long ago the prophets of doom were divining famine and pestilence from the all-knowing yield curve.

Now that the curve is no longer inverted the prophets are warning . . . "higher long-term interest rates threaten U.S. economy"

The expansion will end some day, for sure. But I suspect we'll have to endure endless false alarms like this before something no one expected brings this bull run to an end.
Retired early, traveling perpetually.
Gone4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #85
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yeah, but some people need a job feeding people the kind of fear and alarmism they want to hear. Or do you want to put them out of a job?

In the meantime, there are countless tea leaves to read. In years where the average blue-footed boob in Flint, Michigan lays an odd number of eggs greater than seven, markets have gone down 72% of the time (and it's also a key global warming indicator)...........

Cool Dood is offline   Reply With Quote