Inversion countdown

ESRBob,
Funny you stayed so close. Glad you liked. You're welcomed back. In case you'll pass again ring ! You have my telephone on my various blogs. Will be a pleasure.

ESRBob said:
Poyet,
Not to hijack this scintillating excursion into market timing, but...  :D

I just copied the image from your posts into a bigger format

What I want to know is how do you do this? Can you share?

Ha

Ha,

If you right-click the image, save it, then open it in whatever software you have, you can then "blow it up". You'll lose some resolution though, depending on the photo's original res...

Now where's cube rat's boob avatar... :eek:

Have Funds said:
Ha,

If you right-click the image, save it, then open it in whatever software you have, you can then "blow it up". You'll lose some resolution though, depending on the photo's original res...

Now where's cube rat's boob avatar...  :eek:

Thanks HFWR.

Ha

Have Funds said:
If you're using firefox, you can just type: alt-v y enter
(or pick No Style from the View menu.)
Works great to make lots of websites more readable, but the big pics on this site can actually get in the way if you use No Style.

Wharton:  Don't Sweat the Inverted Yield Curve: No One Really Knows What It Means.

"All the forecasts are quite favorable. There aren't any real excesses in the economy at the current time, and you usually think of recession as a tonic to the economy, to undo excess."

"I certainly wouldn't describe it as a sharply inverted yield curve. It's 'flattish' and downward-sloping in some segments."

"Long-term rates may be staying low because high demand for Treasuries and other U.S. debt securities keeps bond prices high, which keeps yields low. Bonds represent loans from bond buyers to bond issuers. When demand is high, issuers like the government can attract lots of buyers despite offering low yields."

All fine and well, Nords, but I am planning on buying some longer dated QQQ puts in the May-June timeframe unless I see very obvious changes that suggest the danger is past.

Yet another crisis averted. Not long ago the prophets of doom were divining famine and pestilence from the all-knowing yield curve.

Now that the curve is no longer inverted the prophets are warning . . . "higher long-term interest rates threaten U.S. economy"

The expansion will end some day, for sure. But I suspect we'll have to endure endless false alarms like this before something no one expected brings this bull run to an end.

Yeah, but some people need a job feeding people the kind of fear and alarmism they want to hear. Or do you want to put them out of a job? ;)

In the meantime, there are countless tea leaves to read. In years where the average blue-footed boob in Flint, Michigan lays an odd number of eggs greater than seven, markets have gone down 72% of the time (and it's also a key global warming indicator)...........

Back
Top Bottom