Join Early Retirement Today
Investing in large value fund
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
gone traveling
Investing in large value fund

For the large cap portion of my portfolio, I am invested in VPCCX and SLADX in taxable accounts. I am thinking of selling SLADX and looking to replace it with a large cap value fund that doesn't have a huge stake in financials.

I was thinking of VEIPX or EQTIX, but not sure if they are tax efficient. Does anyone think these are good options or if you could offer any other suggestions, I would welcome feedback.

joecaf53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Here's where I've always gotten the tax efficiency metrics I use FWIW...

Vanguard Equity-Income Inv (VEIPX) Fund Tax Analysis

Shelton Core Value Direct Shares (EQTIX) Fund Tax Analysis

All my LCV $ is in VVIAX, so I have no recommendation.

No one agrees with other people's opinions; they merely agree with their own opinions -- expressed by somebody else. Sydney Tremayne
Retired Jun 2011 at age 57

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
All my LCV $ is in VVIAX, so I have no recommendation.
Same here but in the equivalent ETF, VTV. Large cap value is suppose to be the most likely part of the "value premium" to appear from what I understand. The small premium is less stable apparently. I don't worry about taxes because this is in tax deferred or tax free accounts.
Lsbcal is online now   Reply With Quote