Investment Definitions

RetiredGypsy

Full time employment: Posting here.
P/E ratios. Beta. Market Cap. I've learned what these meant while deciding I wanted to play around (and by play around I mean stick my play around fund in BRK.B and forget about it) with some individual stock outside of my VG funds.

I'm picking up The Intelligent Investor and The Four Pillars of Investing today to learn more, but I was wondering if these books go into specifics about the terms associated with a stock, or if I should pick up some kind of dictionary that explains these kinds of terms, and what they mean to an investor, in more detail. If there's more detail or more terms besides what shows up on Google Finance. I think I heard something about an alpha somewhere once. :whistle:

The more I learn about the stock market, the more fascinating the whole process gets. Not at all wanting to loom over my own invested worth, but the market itself. It's like watching cookie dough melt in the oven; it never gets boring to look at.

Pick up a used copy of "Priciples of Corporate Finance" by Brealey & Meyers. RReasonably approachable, yet goes into a fair bit of depth.

Back
Top Bottom