IRS eftps bank question

Alan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I have used this service for many years to pay my estimated tax payments. It works really well. Last year after moving to England I switched banks, HSBC North America, linked to my HSBC UK account. Earlier this year I set up my quarterly estimated payments and used my HSBC account. The payments have been going out as usual. I just did a Roth conversation and went to make an additional payment to cover the tax and found that the default bank is my old bank. I have now made the payment with my new bank but had to enter all the details from scratch. (Routing and account number)

I cannot see how to change the default bank. Any thoughts?

You had two different login credentials (PIN and Internet Password). One for the old bank and one for the new. Now I think you created a third.

For some reason that’s how EFTPS handles different banks. Each bank has a separate enrollment trace number, and each enrollment trace creates a different set of login credentials. So when you log in you always only see one bank.

I have three sets of login credentials at the moment. One for a bank account we no longer use, and one each for two current accounts. I’m really careful to choose the latest set.

Last edited:
You had two different login credentials (PIN and Internet Password). One for the old bank and one for the new. Now I think you created a third.

For some reason that’s how EFTPS handles different banks. Each bank has a separate enrollment trace number, and each enrollment trace creates a different set of login credentials. So when you log in you always only see one bank.

I have three sets of login credentials at the moment. One for a bank account we no longer use, and one each for two current accounts. I’m really careful to choose the latest set.

Really?

How do I find out what my other login credentials are? I think I must be missing something because I don't recall being asked to create a new PIN and/or internet password when I scheduled the payment with the new bank details. I logged in with my usual credentials and when I scheduled the payment I selected change bank details.

Google "eftps change default bank". It looks like you need to have a new PIN and password. Actually I think I had to do this one; when I added my individual bank account in addition to out joint bank account. YOu do end up with two PIN accounts but somehow they are linked so that you can see the history for both at once.

Really?

How do I find out what my other login credentials are? I think I must be missing something because I don't recall being asked to create a new PIN and/or internet password when I scheduled the payment with the new bank details. I logged in with my usual credentials and when I scheduled the payment I selected change bank details.

I had to create a new PIN and Internet password when I added a new bank, so I can’t explain your discrepancy.

Google "eftps change default bank". It looks like you need to have a new PIN and password. Actually I think I had to do this one; when I added my individual bank account in addition to out joint bank account. YOu do end up with two PIN accounts but somehow they are linked so that you can see the history for both at once.

I had to create a new PIN and Internet password when I added a new bank, so I can’t explain your discrepancy.

Thanks for the help folks I will get around to doing this now I know what needs to be done. I had been through all the help and FAQs while logged in. Never thought about Googling it.

Back
Top Bottom