IRS owes me $7

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
of my money... just completed taxes and I get a $7 refund... closest to $0 I've ever estimated. usually there's a surprise somewhere. 2016 was particularly active with stocks, distributions and an inherited ira rmd...

I'm sure there are those here that nail it every year...but it's a first for me to get this close of a tax shave. I'm pretty pleased with this number. :dance:

Congratulations Tailgate on your close tax estimation...

BTW - Somehow this thread title prompted my memory of this:

sweet - you can get a sixer of southern star for that! I miss southern star.

I owe.81 cents, beating my record of $2.81 two years ago. 🤑

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

As I receive the various tax reporting statements around this time, I update my tax spreadsheet to replace estimates with actual data. After I received the 1098 and 1099 forms, I was slated to receive a refund of $1.24. But then I received my 1095 form which enables me to determine the final amount of the ACA premium subsidy and it turned out one of the figures shown there was off from what I had been using in my estimate. I now owe about $78. Oh well.

My taxes were way off - it's my first year on getting ACA PTCs. It's also my first full year with no W2 income. I withheld too much on my inherited IRA withdrawal and DH's SS, plus paid the full healthcare premiums. We're getting back a HUGE refund (over 20k). Obviously, I've adjusted the withholding of things this year. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom