Is Dallas the next Detroit?

Grew up not far from Detroit. Dallas and Detroit are apples and oranges.

I agree that Detroit and Dallas have many differences. But this may be the next step in the pension problems we will see going forward.

I know I will get flamed from the LEO and if we have any firefighters who are here...

But, why are these two pensions so untouchable:confused:

Don't know about Texas but in NY you have to throw teachers into the above statement.

They are referred to as the "Holy Trinity" of unions.
No politician can get elected up here without them.

One thing for sure, the [-]war on savers[/-] err... low interest rate environment has really beat up pension funds along with the average saver.

At least we can take solace in the fact that the rich and powerful banks have made a ton of money as wealth has been transferred from savers/pension funds/etc. to the banks. :rolleyes:

One thing for sure, the [-]war on savers[/-] err... low interest rate environment has really beat up pension funds along with the average saver.

At least we can take solace in the fact that the rich and powerful banks have made a ton of money as wealth has been transferred from savers/pension funds/etc. to the banks. :rolleyes:

Well I doubt Banks profit from Low interest rates.

It is more like Consumers and firms wishing to borrow, Government debt and equity owners are people/institutions who benefit from it. BTW this is not war on savers. It is though war on cash holders :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom