Is Google Finance broken?

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
AFter reading about it here, I created a Google spreadsheet to track current value of my portfolio. I use the "closeYest" function (yesterday's closing price) and the "returnytd" function (year-to-date return. The spreadsheet has worked fine since I created it but now it is stuck on the December 31 price and return. The functions do not return values for Friday. If I go to Google Finance and do a lookup on the security I get the Friday close. Does anyone know if this is a temporary error on Google's part or do I need to do something to update my function calls?

The returnYTD, return4, return12 functions are working for me, Don. Just checked.
Maybe I don't understand what the functions deliver. I thought they picked up the COB data a couple of hours after close. But I just checked and they still continue to return figures from COB 12/31 for mutual funds. If I go to Google Finance I see the same thing for mutual funds -- put in a fund symbol and I get 12/31 data. But if I ask for a quote on the DOW Industrials, I get Friday's close (1/2/2009). You would think they would have everything the same.

Back
Top Bottom