Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Is the FIRE personality lazy
Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

ESTP for me.
Not lazy but would rather make my own schedule and do what I think is important. I enjoyed many things about my employment such as employee interaction, troubleshooting, the satisfaction of a job well done. But as I got older/wiser? or management got more chicken sh*t, the negatives began to outweigh the positives. SO I LEFT!
It's nice to be FI!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I say I'm lazy, but people around me don't necessarily see it that way....I tend to work very intensely and try to finish something - if I don't do that, then it will linger - not good - once I'm finished, it feels good, but I'm taking a break :-) That counts for hobbies, too.

I'm so lazy I didn't even click on the link...I saw it was from here and I've been on this forum for a few years now - I'm sure I'd seen it before

As for Myers-Briggs - I forgot and it changes as you age. I seem to remember I was even across the board for the first three and way J.

Deserat

Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #43

INTJ sometimes, ISTJ others. Oh, and a lazy left-hander, but not an engineer!

Sarah

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

It seems that we have a disproportionate quantity of left-handers.

I'd do a poll but I'm too lazy to figure it out right now.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclesters
INTJ sometimes, ISTJ others. Oh, and a lazy left-hander, but not an engineer!
Sarah
INTJ sometimes, ISTJ others, always ambidextrous, and always an engineer
tj
Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Yahoo to OkieTexan

I have taken the MBTI tests several times over the years and usually fall into the ISTJ or INTJ category. My parents taught me to write with my right hand; but I am left handed in most other activities. I played baseball and softball a lot (still do) and a left handed thrower is considered a disadvantage at most key positions. I always made the team as an outfielder or 1st baseman. First base is the only position on the field where a lefty has the advantage.

I have noticed a lot of baseball / softball players who are ambidextrous. Astros' 2nd baseman Craig Biggio writes with his left hand; but throws and bats from the right side.

I have never considered myself lazy; but I have been called lazy, underachiever, and "slow" (whatever that means!). But the facts speak for themselves:

1. I enjoy being FIRED right now and consider it an accomplishment; not fate.
2. I worked a lot (and hard) for 35 years. Lazy people probably don't.
3. I am the only one of 3 siblings to complete a 4 year college education.

The evaluation of the ISTJ type says we like to blow our own horn! That's probably true, too. However, I don't think lazy fits me at all.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #47

I took the test while I was working, but can't remember or find my type any place. I'm still not organzied. I am left handed and after retirement I am LAZY.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #48
Dryer sheet wannabe

I don't know what INTJ means, but it sounds like it fits. No kids, few responsibilites outside work. It's not so much that I'm lazy. It's just that I don't feel the obligation to do anything I don't want to do. And I'm left-handed. Gozzie