Join Early Retirement Today
Is this ok? Boss asked me complete a performance evaluation of her
Old 09-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #81
Full time employment: Posting here.
Is this ok? Boss asked me complete a performance evaluation of her

Originally Posted by akck View Post
And update your resume.

Why update the resume when the OP planning on leaving? Who cares at this point!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Ohio INTJ ENG ER Hopeful
Al in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #82
Dryer sheet aficionado
Funny story. When I was still at Megacorp, they 360'd me by allowing the direct reports to my direct reports (i.e. "skip level") to anonymously remote-ream me via group survey sessions. One group unanimously gave me the lowest rating on one of the factors. This was a live survey session, so they all saw the consensus results as they "voted." They knew that I would see the results and since they all gave me an "F," there was no more anonymous. Knowing this, I invited them all to a voluntary session to discuss how I could better "meet their needs." Guess how many showed up*? Just a bunch of cowards hiding behind this anonymous 360 crap.

*exactly one. We had a nice discussion and he earned (more of) my respect that day. Neither of us stuck with Megacorp.

FIREchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:24 AM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets
I've done this for years, but there were two different ways we did them.
1. For personal feedback only. Fully anonymous. Not all that scientific because I got to choose who did the 360 review. Though we were assured that the results only went to ourselves and not our managers, I was always concerned. Online based, select from fully agree to fully disagree, plus places to write comments.
2. At review time. In this case, the request came from my managers boss, not my manager himself. While I don't know if my managers boss ever shared details of the feedback, like who wrote it, I was never comfortable with this. I would be extremely uncomfortable giving it directly to my manager and would have tried my best to conveniently forget the request.

big-papa is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy boss, performance review