Is today the day for 20K ?

Yay!

That said - I'm nervous... especially since W2R said a happy exclamation that started with a "W"..... So I moved a bit of equity to TIPS (enough for 2018 spending.) And I rebalanced the kids 529's to a more conservative AA... something I've been meaning to do... (529's were 50/50, now they're 40/60).

Let the market gains continue!!! But I'm ready if they don't.

That's it. 20,068.

Last edited:
Gives me an excuse to say "hey look, the Dow is over 20k", before I get back to ignoring the Dow. :LOL:

+1 that's my attitude, but as an aside I just had an interesting exchange with DW:

Me: The DOW just closed over 20,000.
Her: Is that good?
Me: Whatever... isn't bad.
Her: Do we have much in stocks?
Me: :facepalm:

Ignorance is bliss.

That's it. 20,068.

WHEEE!!!! Time to party like there's no tomorrow! :D
:dance: :dance:
Honestly, if we don't party when the market is up, when CAN we party? Most of us get a lot of our income from the market, right? So today is sort of like getting a raise. Happy Days are Here Again... :D
I had to do SOMETHING to scare the pants off the scaredy-pants types here, so there you go.

I can hardly wait to see how my funds did today.
I like it!

Gives me an excuse to buy some more really expensive stuff - :)

Me too. I need to spend some time figuring out what to get.

Last edited:
Oh, NO!!! She did it. :facepalm: We are DOOMED! :(

I'm glad that I finished my rebalancing earlier this week and replenished cash.

I'm starting a newsletter about the WHEE Correlation to Market Performance or some such thing if the market crashes now. I will be hailed as a stock market guru for discovering the sell signal!

The Oracle of New Orleans has spoken! The Crash of '17 is imminent :hide:

I was going to finance part of my new car since they are offering 0% but after the Whee posts I will pay cash.

It's just like my coworkers said in 1999, shortly before they retired!

Anybody can make 15% in the market!!

Hey, I called it, nailed it, I am so smart and you will get tired of winning, I'm a soothsayer now, sell, sell, sell.

Whew! Thank goodness I completed all my planned investment actions before today. Actually - one of them I snuck in just before the market close.

Just in time for W2R's famous Rebel Yell!

OK - she can party to her heart's content now!

Last edited:
I suggest caviar and vodka. Or Champagne for those favoring less alcohol.

Party hearty - :)

Well, now that W2R has said it... I'm really glad I move some equities to bonds and re-balanced the 529's.

Must be an old insider joke eh?

Whenever the market gets high you all worry about the "crash"

I dunno. Me, I celebrate, I just made a lotta dough. When it goes down I'll lose some dough. Big deal, I'll worry about that when it happens.

Amazing.

Let me know when it gets to 30,000.... :dance:

Futures up again this morning - when will it end?!?!?!

Any prediction for Monday? I'd say down, down and down some more, but I've been wrong plenty of times in the past.

Any prediction for Monday? I'd say down, down and down some more, but I've been wrong plenty of times in the past.

If you're hoping it'll drop since you're in the accumulation stage, it'll go up. It'll drop like a rock if you're hoping to retire now. That's Murphy's Third Law of Aspirations.

Back
Top Bottom