I've Arrived! ;^)

Hi “sheehs1.” My name is Jake Gamble and I work as a Content Program Manager at Fisher Investments. I’ve been here 9 years and know quite a bit more about the firm than you do.

First, your complete mischaracterization of the sales process. If you had asked for our performance, it would have been given to you. Our sales process is very open and transparent. We have nothing to hide.

Second, you compare our firm to Bernie Madoff. That is just insulting to me as an employee and unacceptable as a reference and comparison to Ken Fisher. This shows your ignorance of what Fisher does as well as your ignorance of Bernie Madoff did. Bernie Madoff is an admitted criminal who stole client money in a Ponzi scheme. Ken Fisher detailed this in his 2009 book How to Smell a Rat. That book explains exactly how to know if a money manager might be able to steal from you. It was a New York Times best seller. You might consider reading it. You could learn a thing or two about this business.

As for touting Forbes to prospective clients…Hell yes we tout Forbes!!… Forbes is a very respectable publication and Ken’s writings date back over 26 years. That’s credibility. That’s transparency. Just like I’m being transparent, but you are hiding behind a pseudonym.

[moderator edit]

Hey Jake, your attitude is only slightly worse than the investor rep that came slinging your wares to my door. He was a little rude and condescending just like you. Just because Fisher Investments may be a scam and treats its client prospects like dirt doesn't mean you have to stand up for them here on this forum. We are not suckers that are likely to invest in Fisher Investments. We don't know how poor Fisher Investments results really are - there is no way to verify them. Fisher investments management fees are MUCH higher than what I'm paying my mutual fund managers. So, to summarize, here is what Fisher Investments offers: rude condescending sales staff that ask for more than a percent per year in fees for assets under management.

And hey, google will now do a great job of indexing our little discussion to let the rest of the world know what Fisher Investments is like! Good job Jake! :D

Here are a few links for everyone's erudition explaining the truth about Fisher Investments:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...her-fisher-investment-management-c188489.html

http://investmentfraudpro.blogspot.com/2009/03/recovering-fisher-investment-losses.html

Or just google "Fisher Investments Scam" and you'll get 14,600 results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fisher+investments+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t

Hey Jake, let Ken Fisher know i'm still waiting on that detailed information I requested regarding specific investment decisions, annual portfolio composition and annual portfolio turnover rates. Thanks, I'll be waiting! I'm sure the delay was unintentional. You guys were probably busy handling angry phone calls from all those clients that lost their assets in the 2008-2009 crash.

Emeritus, 100% certain that you are not talking about Fisher Investments. They courted me about the same time (and in fact I hired them and am still a client now). No one ever hounded me. They just wanted my business. That's a good sign -- I like to know I'm important to them - you know not just a number. Plus, I have never not once not ever seen any Remy Martin, nor any cognac of any sort at a single event, and I've probably been to 20. The seminars are nice affairs and they do serve wine with dinner, but believe me, its nothing very over the top. Also, that "making it up on volume" is just utter nonsense. Someone may have said that to you, but not from Fisher -- you got them mixed up. I've asked the same question myself, and had a very clear and straightforward answer. Money management can be a very profitable business done right. That's it! Why does anyone do anything? If they manage my portfolio well (as they've done) I get richer and so do they. Win-win. I'm happy about it.

~Maggie

And Fuego, I've been a client a long time and I have seen their performance in my own portfolio. I get their reports to. By the way, no one ever "promised" us anything. They can't! No one can promise anything in investing. Also, what they do isn't complicated. They buy stocks, sometimes bonds, cash. Normal stuff, but they make better decisions than I would, I'm not too proud to say. And yes, my portfolio has the S&P 500 whipped by a lot. It doesn't hurt to ask questions about this stuff. You shouldn't be afraid.

~Maggie

Hi “sheehs1.” My name is Jake Gamble and I work as a Content Program Manager at Fisher Investments. I’ve been here 9 years and know quite a bit more about the firm than you do.

First, your complete mischaracterization of the sales process. If you had asked for our performance, it would have been given to you. Our sales process is very open and transparent. We have nothing to hide.

Second, you compare our firm to Bernie Madoff. That is just insulting to me as an employee and unacceptable as a reference and comparison to Ken Fisher. This shows your ignorance of what Fisher does as well as your ignorance of Bernie Madoff did. Bernie Madoff is an admitted criminal who stole client money in a Ponzi scheme. Ken Fisher detailed this in his 2009 book How to Smell a Rat. That book explains exactly how to know if a money manager might be able to steal from you. It was a New York Times best seller. You might consider reading it. You could learn a thing or two about this business.

As for touting Forbes to prospective clients…Hell yes we tout Forbes!!… Forbes is a very respectable publication and Ken’s writings date back over 26 years. That’s credibility. That’s transparency. Just like I’m being transparent, but you are hiding behind a pseudonym.

[moderator edit]

You are a salesman,. The OP is a potential customer.
Your post is basically "I know this stuff, you don't so SHUT UP

Based on your snide post, I would run as fast as I can away from your firm. You clearly missed the point about Madoff, who was a big deal until he was caught.

I hope you "man up" and send it to your boss to show him or her just how you deal with potential customers.

Emeritus, 100% certain that you are not talking about Fisher Investments. They courted me about the same time (and in fact I hired them and am still a client now). No one ever hounded me. They just wanted my business. That's a good sign -- I like to know I'm important to them - you know not just a number. Plus, I have never not once not ever seen any Remy Martin, nor any cognac of any sort at a single event, and I've probably been to 20. The seminars are nice affairs and they do serve wine with dinner, but believe me, its nothing very over the top. Also, that "making it up on volume" is just utter nonsense. Someone may have said that to you, but not from Fisher -- you got them mixed up. I've asked the same question myself, and had a very clear and straightforward answer. Money management can be a very profitable business done right. That's it! Why does anyone do anything? If they manage my portfolio well (as they've done) I get richer and so do they. Win-win. I'm happy about it.

~Maggie

Sorry I still don't believe in magic fairy dust. If they had any magical ability to beat the market they borrow the money and make a fortune.
Im happy for you, But even in Las Vegas some people win at Roulette but it is still a game for people who suspend their belief in reality

Wow, what are the odds that an amazingly satisfied client of Fisher Investments just happened to find their way to this page and make two posts about the magical happiness they experience as a client!

Gosh darn it all--let me mail you a check right away! ~ and hey MJ--tell Jake Gamble we said hi. :)

~Maggie

Maggie, are you a client and an employee? Do I smell a rat here?

No one here will be transfering their assets to your firm, I can assure you of that.

Fisher Investments sends me stuff all the time, and I am an FA. Seems to me their screening program is failing.........:)

Gosh, you don't have to worry about that curmudgeon REWahoo's comments. Please just tell me where to send my check representing the liquid value of all my assets. It'll be an honor and a pleasure to have all of my gross worth managed by someone as credible and as transparent as you. It almost sounds too good to be true but, as you've pointed out, you guys know how to smell a rat.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is a rough crowd.

Who, us?
monster_sock_puppets.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom