January - June Expense Budget - 2010

BTW, I don't think the granite is such a 'luxury' as it may seem -
We went with laminate when we had our house built 13 years ago and replaced it with granite earlier this year. This might be due to where we live, but I found it interesting that the cost for granite had come down considerably and there were many more available colors/patterns to choose from.

This is also one of the excuses I have for being over budget YTD...:)

It's refreshing to know other tightwads are loosening up. :greetings10: Heh heh heh... :dance:

You can't take it with you. And in addition, the economy needs stimulation. Better we do it than the gummint does it.

Still, I need to spread this out. :cool:

I'm pretty much even overall. Exceeded in some categories but under in others.

We are running about 5% over budget YTD but we have started to tighten our spending on July 1st, so hopefully we can end the year below budget.

I'm 13% below, and that includes three months in South America. So far, so good.

So how are you doing on your budget the first half of this year?

I'm 2% below....not much, but at least I'm not over.

I put the entire allocation in my checking account, still have a plus balance there but am w*rking very hard to spend up to my PF's potential. :) Life is good.

Last edited:
Me either , I checked twice . This is my budget from my investments . I also have a medium sized pension and SS benefits so my investments are the icing on the cake and I am way below budget . My intial yearly investment budget was 60,000 and I spent under $ 5,000

Hmm...I think grandma spent like crazy in the garage sales for her grandson:LOL:....$5/k for 6 months including a cruise and splurging...super frugal:greetings10:

Hmm...I think grandma spent like crazy in the garage sales for her grandson:LOL:....$5/k for 6 months including a cruise and splurging...super frugal:greetings10:

Thanks but I am not that thrifty . The $5,000 was only from my investment income . My SS & Pension cover most of my expenses plus I have some ebay income . As for spoiling my grandson only Toys R us will do .:)

Back
Top Bottom