Just checking in for the Whee-o-meter

audreyh1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Where is it? Is W2R exercising extreme restraint at the moment?

Audrey

Audrey, where have you been? Counting the money you've made with the bull market? (heh)

Audrey, where have you been? Counting the money you've made with the bull market? (heh)
Things have been hopping around here keeping us VERY busy. And if everything goes right we will be able to run away in the RV this summer. Just in time for record gas prices like 2008 the last time we went on a massive cross country tour. It always works that way for us :) .

In fact, you might could blame us for gas prices going up whenever we start seriously planning to head back up to the Pacific NW.

But I have a wine cooler to fill! Serious business! We will not be denied!

Audrey

Where is it? Is W2R exercising extreme restraint at the moment?

Audrey
Audrey, Audrey, Audrey... :LOL: Me? Restraint? :ROFLMAO: I have been posting about how thrilled I am with this market for going on three months now in this thread.

I am ecstatic! This is like a wonderful dream come true. :D

But I am being VERY careful not to pull the "Wheee!!!" trigger, since apparently the result was less than optimal when I did that back in late 2007... ;)

If this keeps up, I might qualify for Flagship status at Vanguard before too long. WH....er....I mean, that would be very pleasing...

Last edited:
Thanks for the link W2R. I was just surprised it wasn't in the top posts.

Audrey, look at it this way. Look at all the money you made in PCRIX, it'll more than cover the trip. Expensive gas is good, no?

Thanks for the link W2R. I was just surprised it wasn't in the top posts.

That's 'cause we are such a busy board these days, I guess. I last posted on that thread only last Saturday.

But just to keep everyone up to date, I am astounded, amazed, and utterly thrilled at yesterday's market advances and today's follow-up. It's always a rollercoaster but the general trend has been great.

Last edited:
In fact, you might could blame us for gas prices going up whenever we start seriously planning to head back up to the Pacific NW.

Audrey

Audrey
If you have not been in NW wine country in awhile you will be amazed at all the new choices out there. Yakima Valley must have 20 new tasting rooms alone. Walla Walla continues to add as well. Of course, don't forget the fine pinots in the Willamette. PM when you are due in WA and I would be happy to share details if you are interested.
Nwsteve

Audrey
If you have not been in NW wine country in awhile you will be amazed at all the new choices out there. Yakima Valley must have 20 new tasting rooms alone. Walla Walla continues to add as well. Of course, don't forget the fine pinots in the Willamette. PM when you are due in WA and I would be happy to share details if you are interested.
Nwsteve
Last time was 2008. We are way overdue. But even in 2008 I think the WA wineries had doubled in just a few years. The expansion is crazy! But more good wine being made so who's complaining!:D

We already have several wineries on our list. We will be hitting a winery near Roseburg OR, and another near The Dalles. Then in WA some in Walla Walla and near the Tri-cities and Prosser. These are wineries where we have really enjoyed their wine before and it's time to revisit and stock up!

Audrey

Wait til the end of QE2 takes full effect...............:(

Wait til the end of QE2 takes full effect...............:(

What! Is it going to stop? Where did you hear that? Do you have inside information you are willing to share? PM me. Thanks ;)

DD

We already have several wineries on our list. We will be hitting a winery near Roseburg OR, and another near The Dalles. Then in WA some in Walla Walla and near the Tri-cities and Prosser. These are wineries where we have really enjoyed their wine before and it's time to revisit and stock up!
At which point does your Class A change from "a nice RV vacation with fully-stocked cupboards" to "trucking alcoholic beverages illegally across state lines"?

We are headed to the northwest, also. Right now, biding time in New Mexico. Still too cold in the mountains on the way to Oregon.

Oh, ya. Happy with our boring, MOR index portfolio. For us, making more than we spend = success.

Seems that this thread has temporarily moved into vacations and smuggling.

To bring it back, maybe W2 is on to something with her recent enthusiasm.

Look what the insiders are doing!

insider-trading-turns-massively-bearish.jpg

We are headed to the northwest, also. Right now, biding time in New Mexico. Still too cold in the mountains on the way to Oregon.

Oh, ya. Happy with our boring, MOR index portfolio. For us, making more than we spend = success.

Good plan. Spring here was nice - all 36 hours of it. Hope for summer soon.

DD

Seems that this thread has temporarily moved into vacations and smuggling.

To bring it back, maybe W2 is on to something with her recent enthusiasm.

Look what the insiders are doing!

I am, but not in the way that you think. The market will always go up and down (as you of course know), and I have no idea which way it is headed. My crystal ball (below) just doesn't work when it comes to market timing.

HOWEVER, I think we have a right to be happy at times like this. In that respect, I do think I am on to something.

Attachments

• crystalballsml.jpg
    crystalballsml.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 113
I am, but not in the way that you think. The market will always go up and down (as you of course know), and I have no idea which way it is headed. My crystal ball (below) just doesn't work when it comes to market timing.

HOWEVER, I think we have a right to be happy at times like this. In that respect, I do think I am on to something.

Ah yes. One of the frequently overlooked joys of a "stay the course portfolio". Ignore the noise and get on with life.

DD

Things have been hopping around here keeping us VERY busy. And if everything goes right we will be able to run away in the RV this summer. Just in time for record gas prices like 2008 the last time we went on a massive cross country tour. It always works that way for us :) .

So if you go on a massive cross country tour while I [-]speculate[/-] invest in oil, is that like matter and anti-matter colliding? Or strapping a butter-side-up piece of bread to the back of a cat?

So if you go on a massive cross country tour while I [-]speculate[/-] invest in oil, is that like matter and anti-matter colliding? Or strapping a butter-side-up piece of bread to the back of a cat?
I was wondering the same thing meself! LOL!

Bought any oil stocks lately? We need you!

Audrey

Audrey

$4.05 when my Sis gased up near Port Angeles, WA.

heh heh heh - :cool:

Back
Top Bottom