Kayne, keeping up with the Kardashians

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Pretty pricey to the tune of $53 million. Don't ever like to see anyone fall on hard times but at what point don't you understand that if you spend more than you make, you're going to be in debt.

He is such an arrogant person there will be a lot of scheudenfreud if he really goes bankrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

He is married- I would think that his wife has enough money to pay the bills- and would they not be both responsible? Unless of course the debt came into the marriage. Maybe he should sell the big mansion he is building and pay off his debts.

Who is Kayne?

A black rapper married to one of the Kardashians.

The guy takes himself way too seriously, IMHO.

Kim K. might consider boning up on the innocent spouse relief part of the IRC as usually these case involve tax non payment and penalties.

Last edited:
A black rapper married to one of the Kardashians.

The guy takes himself way too seriously, IMHO.

Oh. Kanye West. Not Kayne. Someone I have no reason to care about. Thread goes on ignore for me.

Oh. Kanye West. Not Kayne. Someone I have no reason to care about. Thread goes on ignore for me.

I understand but I always like to see how these things play out. Who knows, someday I could become a famous black rapper, just one option available to those of us who are FIRE.

He is married- I would think that his wife has enough money to pay the bills- and would they not be both responsible? Unless of course the debt came into the marriage. Maybe he should sell the big mansion he is building and pay off his debts.

I think this is VERY common in the entertainment world but maybe not the degree of $53M. My wife has dealt with several entertainment folks here in the Atlanta area that have looked for high-end properties to rent and without fail, most of them have lousy credit and multiple judgments, bankruptcies and evictions. I have access to a database that is used to do background checks on folks (it's all publicly available information, this database just puts them all together) and the few celebrities I have pulled up have lots of negative stuff...it's somewhat surprising.

Don't know much about the guy, but is it "negative net worth" of 53 million, or "that side of my balance sheet has 53 million on it that I'd rather not have"?

The song "Gold Digger" seems very ironic at this point.

He is imploring Mark Zuckerberg to invest $1bn in him. Pathetic!

He chose to finance an 8-figure mortgage and his clothing line even though he could've paid cash for all of it. He has a net worth of $100M+, he'll be fine. He just released a new album and will do literally anything to sell more copies include tell his fans he's broke.

He chose to finance an 8-figure mortgage and his clothing line even though he could've paid cash for all of it. He has a net worth of $100M+, he'll be fine. He just released a new album and will do literally anything to sell more copies include tell his fans he's broke.

Exactly. They use the bankruptcy laws to their advantage. There is a certain real estate dude on TV that's pretty famous. He has two bankruptcies, several defaults on mortgages and at least three foreclosures...all in the last 10 years (the most recent being last November). He still lives in a house that is assessed at $2.5M and is still on TV making gobs of cash. It's how they roll...

IIRC, this is about asset protection because someone who is suing him. (I might have the wrong guy but I think it's him).

If the courts determine against him, "he's broke" and has no assets so....

I truly resent the fact that some portion of my consciousness is devoted to being aware of these people's existence.

This is one example of why I don't listen to or watch the headline "news", if you want to call it that.

I truly resent the fact that some portion of my consciousness is devoted to being aware of these people's existence.

+1 Every minute of my life focused on these fools is a wasted minute; and I have limited minutes!

+1 Every minute of my life focused on these fools is a wasted minute; and I have limited minutes!

I'll add my +1 to yours for the original comment, and another +1 for your post!

Joan Rivers said it best "bad publicity is better than no publicity" or she's credited with saying it.

I think he's lying. I think he hasn't done anything stupid to stay in the news in a while and he's afraid Donald is upstaging him.

OMG.............I just wasted a piece of my life that I will never get back:facepalm:

OK - that still didn't enlighten me. I may have heard the Kardashians mentioned a few times but know nothing about them either.

I think I'll just keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom