Kiplinger's Letter: anyone subscribe?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is the small newsletter Kiplinger prints and sells--it is NOT the magazine.
Does anyone take this? I have heard a top financial guy in this area say it was good and worth the investment per year. Yes? No?

I had it for a short time. I thought it was basically the same info you can for free on many sites. But what do I know, I'm losing my a$$.

They send me a free letter once in a while. As I read it, I find I already read the same information somewhere a few days or weeks prior. Not worth it. It's old news by the time you get it.

It's all public information you can find online anyway.

I'm not sure how print media stays in business anymore.

I used to be on the distribution list for this publication during my corporate days. The 4-6 page newsletter seemed best suited to running a business than to the individual investor -IMHO

I've been subscribed to their monthly "Retirement Report" newsletter for a few years, and enjoy it mostly.....it's short, concise, NO ADS, most of the stuff can most likely be found elsewhere......but it's handy to get the "Cliff's Notes" version of things, plus they have updates of rules, regs, laws, etc. that may affect us retired geezers (and geezerettes). So overall, I enjoy it.....YMMV. :)

I think you've amply made my point.

You become so wealthy by reading the newsletter that all you can afford to take to the waves in is a folding boat.

Did the guys who sold you the newsletter have a better boat than you?

;) ;) ;)

I didn't say I bought it, just that I used to read it. A guy in the office used to bring it in. I'd swap him my Bottom Lines so we'd both have bathroom reading material. ;)

However, he bought it, and as far as I know he didn't have a boat at all. S I guess you are right.

I was somewhat surprised that some I really respect (well, he had made millions in the market, anyway) thought so highly of the Kiplinger Letter. My experience was it was somewhat redundant and, yes, I agree, a Cliff Notes kind of letter. Just was wondering if anyone here thought it was so "great," but guess not.

Speaking generally, bull strategy newsletters work great in a bull market while bear strategy newsletters work great in a bear market. When they're working, they work well and you'll hear all about them. When they're not working...I think you stop hearing about it.

Speaking generally, bull strategy newsletters work great in a bull market while bear strategy newsletters work great in a bear market.
Well the solution should be obvious...I'll start a newsletter that recommends bull or bear newsletters based on the dow's most recent swing. Can't fail.

You'd have to know what the future swinging was going to be. In which case you wouldnt need a newsletter and you'd be able to have a custom built folding yacht to use as a dingy on your 150' regular yacht.

Well the solution should be obvious...I'll start a newsletter that recommends bull or bear newsletters based on the dow's most recent swing. Can't fail.
You just need 100,000 subscribers to your $10/year bull newsletter (under one editor's name) and another 100,000 subscribers to your $10/year bear newsletter (under another editorial name)...

Back
Top Bottom