Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-03-2018, 06:30 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

That is a red flag. Tradespeople, who fix people's houses, have seen it all and are usually mellow...but when their hackles go up, it's to be taken seriously.

The wacko with the 800 credit rating triggered several tradespeople who reported back to us after fixing one thing or another at the townhouse. He would stand over them while they worked, make remarks about their work, and act irritated for no reason they could see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck_Club View Post
After solving the current problem another problem has popped up. This could all be coincidences, but since about September, I have had "issues" galore with this house. I'm sensing something is amiss.

During 1 visit by a plumber and a friend, the plumber called and didn't want to be left alone with the woman in the house. I had a friend monitoring the situation, and he said she is bat crazy **** FACED at 2 in the afternoon. This coming from a sailing buddy who has regularly witnessed quarts of scotch evaporate on a 3 hour tour.

I'll evaluate this business situation and decide if the $245 eviction plus potential damage is a better play than 20 more months of crazy.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
That is a red flag. Tradespeople, who fix people's houses, have seen it all and are usually mellow...but when their hackles go up, it's to be taken seriously.

The wacko with the 800 credit rating triggered several tradespeople who reported back to us after fixing one thing or another at the townhouse. He would stand over them while they worked, make remarks about their work, and act irritated for no reason they could see.
I absolutely do not tolerate interference or abuse of my tradesmen. They have my utmost respect. I have a good relationship with all of them who bend over backwards for me. I periodically give them unexpected bonuses and they repay me tenfold by taking great care of my tenants needs. You disrespect my tradesmen I have no use for you!
Joylush is offline   Reply With Quote
opinion from owner of 53 units
Old 11-14-2018, 03:44 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

opinion from owner of 53 units

Qualifications: Purchased and managed 53 units of "class B" (lower middle class) rental units in Waterville Maine since 2009. My thoughts: You could give a choice: Stay in the cheaper hotel and you do the wonderful tile job (maybe show a picture). Stay in the more expensive, and he waits for you to get home and you fix it, and it's 2 years before he gets the nice tile job. Explain budget, and how it's imperative to stay under. THEN, tweak your lease to avoid this in the future. EVERY TIME I have a misunderstanding, and it's not covered in the lease, I make sure to add it. I also have a "summary" of important lease points whereas 90% of even great tenants don't fully read and dissect their leases.

Otherwise, this is a value judgment. ONE THING that's important though: This HAS to be on YOUR terms. You CANNOT allow the decision to come from a place of the tenant having pushed. That will "train him" how to treat you. Every word and action you show others is training them how to treat you.
hotwired is offline   Reply With Quote