Live Cheap, Share!

Some of you may remember my great idea for the Hooters-style senior living center concept wherein I open up an old folks home for old guys that is staffed by Hooters girls. I think it will be a big hit with our never-married guy friends who worry about some uncool old age. Just never settled on a name, if I don't go with the Hooters franchise. DH and three of his buddies have already signed up.
;)

Sounds like an IPO is on the way, got any angel investors?

How about "Temptations"..........:LOL:

Every time I hear 'Hooters', I think of the South Park episode...'Raisins'....

:LOL:

Some of you may remember my great idea for the Hooters-style senior living center concept wherein I open up an old folks home for old guys that is staffed by Hooters girls. I think it will be a big hit with our never-married guy friends who worry about some uncool old age. Just never settled on a name, if I don't go with the Hooters franchise. DH and three of his buddies have already signed up.

;)
Toss a pool in the mix and call it Wet Dreams.

Live on your Own..

I don't encourage living with someone else in the Family.. It's a cop-out..
takes the Stress out of achieiving more in life
You reduce your need to succeed by 50% not having Bills and committments..
and your Personal Life? There is none..

Fine for a Neice or someone to live with an Elder Person for a short time, but not so much for the Lt..
Unless that Neice is Fat and has no Personal -Love Life
as for living in Retirement?
-most don't want to Downsize ahead of time and end up waiting until a Spouce Dies and finds out the hard way they can't handle things on their own anymore, be it Physically or Financially..
-Many Women don't want to leave "their Big Home" of many yrs, too many Nice memories and although understandable, they have to be given a reality check
-Many that Didn't downsize ended up always asking Family members and neighbors for Help all the time and putting Guilt feelings on them...
-Not to mention wanting free-bees to Discounts on their RE taxes to utilities..
-Younger Women with Old one's ? The Younger one's get Attitudes and are not as Nice and co-operative with others, feeling they don't need to Get along with others as much as those living on their own..
-Same goes for the Guys.. they are even worse..They're not motivated to be more Outgoing and Co-operative to get along with others as much and more arrogant.
-A guy doesn't want to marry a Girl in her 20's-30's living at home or with an Older family member for yrs, shows she may not be strong enough to take care of herself and your kids.. Same goes for The Guys as well and why ( according to Dr. Phil) over 33% of marriages end up in Divorce..due to Responsibility issues..

Committment is the name of the game.. It makes you achieve more in your life as a whole..

The key in life is happiness. Less financial burden generally equates to a happier life. More social interaction also helps.

;)

If the staffers are the same age as the residents you could call it Hangers instead of Hooters...

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

;)
I enjoyed travelling halfway across the country to do lunch with mom at her senior dining room. The waiters were hot young college guys. We ignored the no tipping rule. :)

Hooters Seniors Center? LOL.. The Men will be too old do to much and , they will be rich.. Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind..
Old Women leave their $ to Their Cats, Men to The Young Girls..
I think the Young girls will get the most use out of it..

Cuppa that is soooo cool! I love it! I could definitely do a girls' version, especially since we usually live longer anyway. LOL!

Temptations versus Frustrations.... yeah, that is probably right!

I promise not to leave money to my cats, but if I wound up with a pool guy he might get lucky!

I think I could do OK on 15K if I sold my home and bought a trailer and a pickup to tow it with. New England in the summer FL in the winter.:cool::LOL:

I tried to talk DW into that but she wouldn't hear of it. Too stuck in her ways I guess.

At one point I tried to talk her into a modified DC-3 (Douglas DC-3 - USA) outfitted with travel trailer components instead of buying a home. She didn't like that idea either.:(

Cuppa that is soooo cool! I love it! I could definitely do a girls' version, especially since we usually live longer anyway. LOL!

Temptations versus Frustrations.... yeah, that is probably right!

I promise not to leave money to my cats, but if I wound up with a pool guy he might get lucky!

I'm with you, girl!!!:D I've always said I want to end up an old lady patting some Chippendale dancer on the ass. :rolleyes:
The cats can find their own dancers.

I think I could do OK on 15K if I sold my home and bought a trailer and a pickup to tow it with. New England in the summer FL in the winter.:cool::LOL:

I have read a few blogs of frugal RV'ers who boondock a lot to save money. They posted their expenses, and I was surprised to see that they still spend around $24K/year. I do not remember all the details though.

At one point I tried to talk her into a modified DC-3 (Douglas DC-3 - USA) outfitted with travel trailer components instead of buying a home. She didn't like that idea either.:(

A DC-3 that's still airworthy, or a plane like this?

plane-house-1.jpg

On closer looks, this plane-home with its in-your-face style looks too much like a phallic symbol. I would have tried something more subdued.

You didn't happen to find a photo of what that plane looks like inside now did you? I'd be curious to see if they gutted it and turned it into a room or left it with all the seats and looking like the inside of a plane.:confused:

On closer looks, this plane-home with its in-your-face style looks too much like a phallic symbol. I would have tried something more subdued.

Nah, take another look--it is still very cool! What a ton of work must have gone into that. I am a fan of treehouses of all kinds, though.

The 727 shown was part of a hotel in Costa Rica. See Old Airplane Converted To Home

There was a Malibu, California woman who paid $40,000 for a junked 747 to convert it into a home. However, the plane was cut up in pieces; its wings were used as roofs for example. In all, the home cost $2million to build, and I don't think the result is cool.

YouTube - Woman Turns Airplane Into Home

Here are a few more examples of airplane homes:

Airport Journals

If I had one of those, I would outfit it like a private jet... Exotic woods, leather, polished metal etc...

private-jet-interior.jpg

How about a planeboat (or is it boatplane) for boaters?

planeboat.jpg

Anyone has seen a plane turned into an RV?

Back
Top Bottom