Join Early Retirement Today

Looking for my SLCSP for 2017
Old 12-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Looking for my SLCSP for 2017

I'm doing a dry run on my 2017 federal income taxes for the purpose of seeing if we can "afford" to do just a little more "capital gain harvesting".

I'm enrolled in the ACA. I'm trying to do a mockup on the Form 1095a "Health Insurance Marketplace Statement" but I can't find a source for the "Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan" amount. I can no longer get to the 2017 plans on the Healthcare.gov site. Any thoughts on if/where this info might be available?
zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
I'm doing a dry run on my 2017 federal income taxes for the purpose of seeing if we can "afford" to do just a little more "capital gain harvesting".

I'm enrolled in the ACA. I'm trying to do a mockup on the Form 1095a "Health Insurance Marketplace Statement" but I can't find a source for the "Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan" amount. I can no longer get to the 2017 plans on the Healthcare.gov site. Any thoughts on if/where this info might be available?
Before it became moot due to an announced large cap gain distribution which threw me over the ACA cliff last month, I was doing the same thing as you, trying to figure out what the SLCSP was going to be in determining my ACA subsidy. I called my state's (New York) exchange to see if they knew it already. To my surprise, they did not, and wouldn't know until January, a few weeks before I'd receive the 1095-A form. I don't know what those using the federal exchange should do; is there a number you can call? I'd be surprised if they know before January.
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
I can no longer get to the 2017 plans on the Healthcare.gov site. Any thoughts on if/where this info might be available?
I was able to get to them by clicking on the "looking for 2017 plans and prices" link at the bottom of this website. Remember to use ages as of 1/1/17.

https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/
MBSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSC View Post
I was able to get to them by clicking on the "looking for 2017 plans and prices" link at the bottom of this website. Remember to use ages as of 1/1/17.

https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/

You rock! Thanks so much.
zedd is offline   Reply With Quote