Lord Abbott Mutual Funds

proud_texan

Dryer sheet aficionado
Has anyone here had experience with Lord Abbott Funds? My Edward Jones broker is steering me toward those when I roll my 401K over into an IRA. Right now, I have everything in Fidelity.

Hi P_T,

No, no experience with them myself.  The correct spelling is Abbett with an "e".  They are a family of funds, I just picked out one to look at - LDFVX, and put it into moneycentral to look at it.  Morning star style classes it as a Large Blend fund.  So that would be a typical type of fund class that many would own.

Only 326 Million $ in the fund, Scott Burns usually recommends going with funds of 1B $ size or greater.

It is a load fund, 5.75 % initial sales charge (sales charges usually go down percent-wise if you are investing a lot of $).

Expense Ratio is 1.22% !!  That and the upfront sale$ charge will make the salesman at E.Jones happy!  And the E/R will keep him happy, year after year!

And that fund hasn't been around very long, and the manager is new! :eek:

Snoop around at their website too, lordabbett.com to see what else you can learn (I didn't look at it).

Sounds expensive, and for a family of funds that I can't say I've heard anyone trustworthy like Scott Burns recommend.

Lord Abbett is a good solid family. They are monstly good at Value investing. with the Affiliated fund (Large Cap) and MId Cap Value fund. Both have a good long track record in their groups. They also have some decent Muni funds.

Back
Top Bottom