Many Retail Investors Still in Cash

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
CNNMoney.com Market Report - Mar. 9, 2010

I've seen several comments in the news I read that many retail investors are in bonds and cash, with little in the stock market. A market analyst indicated that it could represents Trillions of $.

The S&P 500 and DOW experienced a turn around over the last year but is still off its high.

I have had several conversations with people at work that have done the timing thing... Pulled their assets out of the stock market back after the market drop started. Some have put their toe back in the market and jumped out because of a little volatility.

Eventually, greed will set in (or fear of missing the run up).... and much of that money will come pouring back in.

Once the jobs picture looks like it is mending... I suspect the flood will be unleashed. Get your money buckets ready. :D

It is the LILO method of market timing (Last In, Last Out)

I think people are rightly worried about the current president and congress...

Basically no confidence in our elected leaders or the Wall Street goons that created this mess...

Im in sector etf's that are pretty close to market weight and I just see $$$ going around in circles lately.

I bought EWA, Australian ETF at the bottom of the last pullback and sold it yesterday for some nice gains:whistle:

Retired people that can't afford to lose money aren't gonna buy stocks unless they get cheap again.

Working folks are probably saving $$$ or paying off debt instead of investing...

I know it would suck to be working right now, with all the unemployed people out there company's can get more work for less pay:rolleyes:

Are you still long oil, summers coming and all my big V8's are gonna be thirsty:LOL:

chinaco said:
Eventually, greed will set in (or fear of missing the run up).... and much of that money will come pouring back in.
A week ago I went from 11% cash to 8% cash, does that count? :)

However in my case, I already had enough equity funds for my asset allocation and went to Total Bond Market Index VBMFX. I know that this is not supposed to be a good time to buy bonds but this is for the long term and it seemed like I had been waiting nearly forever.

My cash was making nothing, essentially, so hopefully the dividends will increase my income a little.

I think people are rightly worried about the current president and congress...

So you must mean the 46% total return on the S&P 500 since inauguration day.

Or maybe the (31%) total return over the preceding eight year period.

Thanks, OP, I finally got off my procrastination mode, and cleaned out my MM account again today, sending it into the S&P index; next step, move some more out of GNMA and sit on it until the market goes farther up. :blush:

Well I put a little to work this AM;)

Greedy, looking for some more $$$ for nothing, unfortunately my chicks ain't free:nonono:

Back
Top Bottom