Medallion Signature Required for TSP Rollover?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am looking at rolling over some of my TSP to Vanguard and was curious if they (TSP) requires a Medallian signature guarantee? I can't find it anywhere on the TSP.gov site so I thought someone here that's done it recently might clarify for me.

It's not a *huge* hassle to get one, but if I can sign it and just drop it in the mail, that would be great.

Not sure what a "Medallian signature guarantee" is but all I did was fill out the TSP-70 form, had it notorized, then sent it to Vanguard who took care of it from there. It was a few years ago but it went smooth and didn't take long to get the funds transferred.

Medallion signature, if required, should be able to be done by Vanguard. I know i needed one and fidelity did it for me.

Medallion is kind of like a notary, but seems to be more for financial type requirements for verification of the person signing.

Medallion signature, if required, should be able to be done by Vanguard. I know i needed one and fidelity did it for me.

Medallion is kind of like a notary, but seems to be more for financial type requirements for verification of the person signing.

I'm not sure how Vanguard would do the signature if I am not there. Looking at the instructions from the TSP folks, it looks like I need to have another form that needs to be signed by the DW...so I am now thinking that I might just leave it where it is. I'm not dissatisfied with it, I just thought it would be a little easier to consolidate the account(s).

I partially withdrew my TSP funds in 2014 (TSP-77 form) to roll over into an IRA so that I could gradually do Roth conversions. A notary was required, but no signature guarantee/medallion signature guarantee. My local bank where I have my checking account did it for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom