Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I don't have any more good years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #162
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
First it's your toe, then your ankle, then your knee. Doesn't take much imagination to figure out what will let you down next...
It's like 'head shoulders, knees and toes' all over again :P

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Old 05-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #163
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
You can always give them to your friends, I assume?

Funny you mention that... I gave one each to 2 friends... One after using wanted to buy the rest, but I wouldn't sell, because hey ya never know, right? . The other friend then afterward went to doc and got him a stash. Btw... Neither Of the wives know, and they are not telling!
I did learn this though and I assume it still true as I got them about 3 years ago. They are expensive like $33 a pill that I got.. But ...They are same price whether you buy 10 mg or 100 mg. So you buy the 100mg and chop them up... And dont just cut in half and swallow that part.....Your eyes will explode out of their sockets!
I know RE....TMI....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #164
Give me a forum ...

It is very important to consult customers/users before making major system changes. A very common type of error is to upgrade one system component without making concomitant upgrades to others that depend on it. For example, installing hardware with greater input-output capacity at one end of the system, causing degraded performance of components elsewhere in the system; resulting in negative customer feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Ha, let me tell you from experience, its also an even better upper for those who are already up. A great "recreational drug". Well it was anyways, as I found out there are 2 sides to the story. I found out GF is not so enamored with the marathons. Was told not to use them anymore... Tried to sneak one in a few weeks later and my bloodshot eyes gave me away and I got yelled at. Wasn't good....I am afraid the rest are just stranded assets now. Good thing I didn't buy many..

Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #165
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
It is very important to consult customers/users before making major system changes. A very common type of error is to upgrade one system component without making concomitant upgrades to others that depend on it. For example, installing hardware with greater input-output capacity at one end of the system, causing degraded performance of components elsewhere in the system; resulting in negative customer feedback.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:18 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedup View Post
Thanks for the LOL, it was so loud that I woke my husband up. He is recovering from bad food poisoning.
I've heard it gave Hugh Hefner lots of problem. Apparently he is in a wheel chair now, maybe that's the side effect.
I see you are still traveling, any idea where your DH picked up the food problem. I always try to pick clean, busy eating locales as this is something I don't want happening when we travel...
Old 05-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
I see you are still traveling, any idea where your DH picked up the food problem. I always try to pick clean, busy eating locales as this is something I don't want happening when we travel...
We original thought it was at a local French restaurant but I think now his sister is having it, so my guess, there is something going around, he must have caught it at the Chelsea flower show, where his sister also went with us. It's the only explanation because we all ate different food. There were lots of people from all over the world, well mostly European.
I hope that's the explanation because I'm quite fond of this French restaurant, affordable and tasty.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #168
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

+1...
Guys sometimes are guilty of trying to "completing the project" without first consulting the proper "owners manual" to prevent such "system component degradation".

Old 05-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #169
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
+1...
Guys sometimes are guilty of trying to "completing the project" without first consulting the proper "owners manual" to prevent such "system component degradation".

Please forward a copy of the operators manual.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedup View Post
We original thought it was at a local French restaurant but I think now his sister is having it, so my guess, there is something going around, he must have caught it at the Chelsea flower show, where his sister also went with us. It's the only explanation because we all ate different food. There were lots of people from all over the world, well mostly European.
I hope that's the explanation because I'm quite fond of this French restaurant, affordable and tasty.
Well, let us know if you are sick tomorrow and the we'll know it wasn't the food.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
Well, let us know if you are sick tomorrow and the we'll know it wasn't the food.
I don't get sick.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #172

I may have won the genetic lottery. Dad is still going at age 95. He drove to the mountains to cut and haul firewood by himself until his late 80s. Mom passed just this year at age 94, although her mobility was not good the last 5 years.

I eat healthy and exercise regularly. I hike several times a week and occasionally will take 5 to 10 mile hikes, some at over 7,000 feet elevation.

I hope to follow in Dad's footsteps. He was always very active until developing congestive heart failure last year. I hope to be the 80 year old guy hiking the Bright Angel trail at the Grand Canyon.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:31 AM   #173

The notion of how many good years do we left one of the drivers for us to complete some items on our bucket list that are mutually exclusive. We will each be doing some solo travel-as much a month at a time- to go to those places where we need to be in reasonable shape to enjoy. We can meet up somewhere at the end of the solo trip.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #174

Just thought of something for all to look into. Got this from my wife's ophtamologist who has been treating her for very poor eyesight, retina peels, possible cornea transplant, etc. Told my wife they are working on stem cell transplants. We got to talking and he said this is really coming on strong in all fields of medicine. I heard of a man recently that did stem cell transplant on his knee but don't know results. Maybe if you have the time and the money, you should all start to read up on this.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #175

I noticed it first at age 25, that I was less able than I was at 20.
My same age buddy agreed and said as a navy deep diver that he noticed he used to be the first to jump off into the water, but by 25 was the last fellow in.

Then life got busy, and the decades rolled by.
I just junked my scuba tank as I finally admitted to myself that I won't scuba dive anymore.
I nearly drowned a couple of years ago at Hanauma bay while snorkelling over the outer edge, so this has been a lesson that I'm not quite so young anymore, and not being realistic about my abilities could be dangerous.

My view is it's an evolution of my life, and biologically humans have not really evolved to live this long normally so things will wear out, and the get up and go will be gone.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:48 AM   #176

My boyfriend and I are both 68 now and the good years are waining. Now he complains it is too hard to climb into the boat from the bow and wants a ladder. He got an electric winch for the anchor this spring because he had a bad thumb, now better. We are finding we have less energy and only do one chore a day for example, he might ride the riding mower one day and clean the chicken house the next but really an hour of work a day is plenty, even fishing used to be 5AM to 6PM but now might not start until 10AM and be home at 5PM. Still not bad years just slowing. Started about 50 when we got a camper instead of a tent to camp.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:47 AM   #177
Dryer sheet aficionado

Another possibility is retiring temporarily now, when younger, and going back to work after those physical years have passed. I've saved up money at each of my prior jobs, and taken months off working after quitting each one. It ingrained the idea that I can leave work and come back to it later.

Now maybe leaving work at 60 means you won't fulfill a plan to work at 70. But you're likely to regret that less than missing out on your 60s... Hope you find the right trade off.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM   #178
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Perfect.

That's 100% correct. Both the problem statement and the performance example. Geeze I didn't know you are a systems performance expert too.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:22 PM   #179
Give me a forum ...

It's a multi-dimensional problem, very hard to quantify. We need to construct a morphological box to help us eliminate illogical solutions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Perfect.

That's 100% correct. Both the problem statement and the performance example. Geeze I didn't know you are a systems performance expert too.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #180
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It's a multi-dimensional problem, very hard to quantify. We need to construct a morphological box to help us eliminate illogical solutions!
Love it, thank you.

The "quantify" word oh what memories. When I did a lot of on site visits for performance issues our VP would always want me to quantify everything. I would argue that if I just fixed the issue it would quantify itself. He always won.