Millionaire and Affluent Indexes on the rise

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Many (most?) folks that post here seem to be included in one of these categories. Are you on the rise too?

According to Spectrem Group’s Millionaire Investor Confidence Index, which was released Wednesday, rose six points in October to zero. The increase keeps the index in neutral territory and brings it to the highest level since December 2007, when it stood at eight.

Meanwhile, the Spectrem Affluent Investor Confidence Index, which measures the investment confidence and outlook of households with $500,000 or more in investable assets, rose three points in October to minus-13, a mildly bearish reading.

Millionaire Confidence Surges - Financial Planning

I'm always on the confident side. When stocks are crashing, I'm just snoozing my way through the night. :blush:

Attachments

• norm2.jpg
    norm2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 135
In terms of personal "investment plans", I'd say that I don't worry much about the economy because I think I'm pretty well insulated.

OTOH, I do worry a lot about the economy in terms of its impact on other family members who are badly under-employed and could easily become unemployed.

I'm not "affluent". I don't have half a million dollars in investable assets, and don't expect that I ever will. Maybe someday my net worth, including equity in my home, will be that high, but I'm not holding my breath. My outlook is mixed. I'm optimistic I'll be able to retire, but pessimistic about a possible continuing fall in real estate prices. In a worst-case scenario, a further big decline in house prices could delay my exit from the workforce.

I'm a [-]lumberjack[/-] millionaire and I'm okay....:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom