Money Problems? All in Your Head?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
This a nice little article that most of us can relate to. Please note that in the section entitled "Overspending" mentions "If you are overspending set some financial goals and create a spending plan that will require you to live within your means."

Not quite LBYM, but pretty close.

Another slice that I liked was~ "adopted her mother's assumption that "the universe will provide."

People, there's the worst! (Seinfeld)

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/SUN_-A001.pdf

This a nice little article that most of us can relate to. Please note that in the section entitled "Overspending" mentions "If you are overspending set some financial goals and create a spending plan that will require you to live within your means."

Not quite LBYM, but pretty close.

Another slice that I liked was~ "adopted her mother's assumption that "the universe will provide."

People, there's the worst! (Seinfeld)

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/SUN_-A001.pdf

Obviously, everything in life is all in our heads. The article, however, offers some sage fixes or advice. Thanks for sharing.

Right below the main article on the page is one titled "Don't spend old age pinching pennies"... They offer 4 solutions. The first is "work longer". The last is "Cut Spending".

I think most folks here have figured out that cutting spending and fixed costs is the fastest way to ER since you'll need less of a nest egg. For me - much better to cut spending than to work longer.

I think most folks here have figured out that cutting spending and fixed costs is the fastest way to ER since you'll need less of a nest egg. For me - much better to cut spending than to work longer.

Yeah, I laugh at those "rules" about needing replace 80% of your pre-retirement income. Not necessary if you've been living on about 65% of your income while you were working because you were loading up the savings!

Back
Top Bottom