Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: How much do you spend on your hair at each visit ? women only
Under $20 22 22.92%
$20-$30 14 14.58%
$30-$40 13 13.54%
$40-$50 6 6.25%
above $50 41 42.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

So, my wife and I are not the only ones so lucky! Good genes? I don't know. We may pay back in some other ways, I am afraid.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #102
Give me a forum ...

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life since I've found a couple of neat products.

The first one is Biosilk. It's a marvelous concoction that makes your hair shiny, silky (heh) and does wonders in humidity. The fragrance is heavenly....a subtle scent of sweet/clean.

The other (not related to hair on yer head) is the Remington mini trimmer. For years I plucked my eyebrows; it was so painful and difficult to do since I wear glasses. This little trimmer works great on my brows and other facial hairs that make their appearance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnailCAWCMX57.jpg (2.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail[1].jpg (1.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #103
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life since I've found a couple of neat products.

The first one is Biosilk. It's a marvelous concoction that makes your hair shiny, silky (heh) and does wonders in humidity. The fragrance is heavenly....a subtle scent of sweet/clean.

The other (not related to hair on yer head) is the Remington mini trimmer. For years I plucked my eyebrows; it was so painful and difficult to do since I wear glasses. This little trimmer works great on my brows and other facial hairs that make their appearance.
Thanks. I will have to try the Biosilk. My hair looks awful right now, so this is a timely thread. I either need to color it myself or make an appt. I might have to try the Remington mini trimmer also. My brows need done and I also have 1 hair that grows on my face where no hair should grow. Why do they have to do that I wonder.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #104
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Thanks. I will have to try the Biosilk. My hair looks awful right now, so this is a timely thread. I either need to color it myself or make an appt.
You're welcome. A little bottle of that stuff lasts a long time.
Quote:
I might have to try the Remington mini trimmer also. My brows need done and I also have 1 hair that grows on my face where no hair should grow. Why do they have to do that I wonder.

Same for me.

I've never nicked myself with that little trimmer. I did slant it a bit too far up one time and trimmed the edge of my eyebrow more than I wanted. When you first get it, start as far away from underneath the brow as you can and work your way up.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #105
Give me a forum ...

I voted for DW too since we both track spending in Excel. She spends about $42 for a haircut, but doesn't go as often as many women (from what I gather) so her hair expenses are low IMO.

But she spends way more on her nails because she has them done every two weeks. I'd tell you how much, but she'd kill me...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #106
Recycles dryer sheets

$75 every 4 weeks for color, cut and style. Plus $10 tip. Started coloring it years ago and wished now that I hadn't. Once youngest son gets married I'm going to let the gray grow out. It's not the money I spend....just don't want to do it anymore.
kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #107
Recycles dryer sheets

I spend about $40 a haircut, and do my own hair coloring (not the permanent kind, I only use Natural Instincts, which makes your hair fuller and shiny and washes out in about six weeks). Speaking of fuller - my hair started thinning last year and my hairdresser turned me onto Nioxin. It works very well to make your scalp healthier and my hair did start to recover. You do need to use a conditioner as well as Nioxin doesn't coat your hair with conditioner - fortunately the one that comes with Natural Instincts is fab.
PaddyMac is offline   Reply With Quote