• $30-$40

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • $40-$50

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • above $50

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters
Wow....nothing?

Nobody to cut it? No color?....no water to wash it? (OK...so that's not HAVING it done....but SHAM-WOW!)

Whew! :eek:

Of course, in my world, "having my hair done" means someone else doing it.

My hair grows; I pull it to the front on each side about twice a year and do a under-the-boob cut on each side. Otherwise just wash, dry and move on.

I would like to know why the hair on your head goes gray and thin yet elsewhere on your body it seems to grow like wildfire and all black of course. Just noticed this week that my moustache is about to rival my husbands. So am off to get a consultation for laser hair removal. I'm trying to work out what are the good bits about growing old.

Me too...however every once in a while I'll give them a little snip, but then the next time my stylist sees me she says "You've been cutting your bangs again haven't you?" :(

Ooops....:blush:

Isn't it funny how our stylist can make us feel like a naughty child :rolleyes:

Well, as long as she has a wad of my hair in one hand and sharp scissors in the other, I'll be good. :angel:

Most men gay or not do not spend a lot on their hair . They go for cuts only . Guys for some reason look great with gray hair , white hair or no hair !

Yup. My DH is a "silver fox". I love his gray hair. I color mine myself and see my good friends at the local Hair Cuttery for a trim every month or two.

A few years ago I used to get my hair cut. But I was never satisfied with the way she cut it. I was never that thrilled with the way anybody cut it. Three years ago or so I decided to try it myself. If I don't like it, it doesn't bother me since I'm the one who cut it. But actually I prefer the way I cut it. They always cut it way too short. I don't like perfect cut hair either. I bought 3 types of scissors (not cheap) and started cutting. I stop when I'm satisfied. I dry cut. It's easier.

I spend around $60.00 every 3-4 months for color and cut. I color my roots about half way in between myself. My hair is shoulder length and no bangs.

I told a lady that I usher with at church that I really liked her new hair cut and asked her where she has it cut. She gave me the salon's name and later wrote it down for me with the phone number. She told me that she was going this week for a trim and she would tell him that I was going to call him. I found out that he charges $35.00 for a cut. I usually pay $15.00 and hate to pay that much for a cut. Now, I feel almost obligated to go to him for the haircut. I know that I would get a much nicer haircut and I have not been real happy with the way my current hairdresser cuts my hair. However, this is a shorter cut, which means that I would have to get it cut more frequently. I really wish that I was not so frugal sometimes and would quit worrying over such a trivial thing, but that is my nature.

I like the way my hairdresser colors my hair and I think that it is only $40.00, but I would feel bad going to her for just my color. She would know that I did not like the way she was cutting my hair. For the record, I tried to let my hair go gray, but it did not look good at all. That was several years ago and I wonder what it would look like now. My grandfather had snow white hair and I would let it go natural if it looked like his or was a pretty gray.

Quick question: Are you supposed to tip the owner of the salon? The $35.00 hair cut guy is the owner and it would help if I did not have to tip him, but that might have only applied in the past. I would probably feel bad if I did not tip him, unless I knew this old rule still applied.

I never go. Trim my own hair. I really don't like those places and I really don't like how they screw up my curls. And I don't like their passive aggressive insults in their attempts to get me pay for more.

I also wear a basic "bob" with bangs. I get it cut about once every six months or when I can't stand it any more. I pay $20 plus tip for a cut; I do my own color.

I pay $50 for cut plus tip. I go between 6-12 months apart! Sometimes I get it cut shorter (still below my shoulder) and as it grows it looks like different haircuts along the way, i'll cut bangs here or there - then all of a sudden it's been a year! woops!

I'm vowing to go more often now, but i'm also keeping it longer so it starts bugging faster...

Thanks everyone , It's been interesting to hear the various amounts . If I only cut my hair it would run $35 but the color doubles that amount . My hair grows fast and I have a short choppy cut so I visit the salon every six weeks .

go every 6 weeks -$130 including tip

I view it as a job expense

ta,
mews

Last edited:
My hair grows; I pull it to the front on each side about twice a year and do a under-the-boob cut on each side. Otherwise just wash, dry and move on.

Definitely do this only when you are well rested, fully alert and not substance-impaired.

Ha

For a woman, that look of experience and mystery in her eyes. Young girls just can't do that.

Ha

Awww, Ha, you are a hopeless romantic! :flowers:

Of course ,it would be under the capital improvement category !:)

Business Expenses
But it has to be for income producing assets. :nonono:

As a follow-on topic, I wonder if the IRS would allow a model to deduct the cost of her make-up, clothes, and hairdos. Perhaps it is a moot point, as these are probably supplied by the hiring agency and do not come out of her pocketbook.

But it has to be for income producing assets. :nonono:

As a follow-on topic, I wonder if the IRS would allow a model to deduct the cost of her make-up, clothes, and hairdos. Perhaps it is a moot point, as these are probably supplied by the hiring agency and do not come out of her pocketbook.

Well then you can always meet a client at the salon and write it off as a business expense . What better place to talk business while we are waiting for our colors to take ? Add in a pedicure and you will seal the deal for most women :cool:!

I noticed that no one put down wearing a wig. I love them and have quite a collection. I love to play around with different styles lengths and color. If it had my hair processed to reflect the different styles I'd be bald and broke. Wigs are a great way to change up your look with out the commitment expense and time of having your own hair done. Also great for those "bad hair days" when your own hair just will not cooperate.

I noticed that no one put down wearing a wig. I love them and have quite a collection. I love to play around with different styles lengths and color. If it had my hair processed to reflect the different styles I'd be bald and broke. Wigs are a great way to change up your look with out the commitment expense and time of having your own hair done. Also great for those "bad hair days" when your own hair just will not cooperate.
Hmmmm...wigs...interesting. I don't think I could wear one all day long, but the thought is appealing for....ummmm...nightwear. :cool:

I get a cut about every 6 weeks for about $50 including tip. Color and cut every 12 weeks - if I'm lucky they are running a "free cut with color special" and I get it for about $100. But, I'd rather scrimp somewhere else than give up my cuts and colors!

I hate going to hair salon - feels like a waste of time but a necessary evil. So, I wear my hair layered and long - go for a trim twice a year. Need to colour quarterly and do the roots myself monthly. Actually, one hairdresser advised to do the roots myself at home - saves so much time and money. I would love not to colour my hair but when one has naturally black hair, it's difficult to grow grey gracefully. In anycase, each visit for cut, colour and special conditioning costs around $100.

Back
Top Bottom