Join Early Retirement Today
Money Transfer w/ USFOREX
Old 11-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
Money Transfer w/ USFOREX

My mother just left the country to Mexico, and I am trying to find the best way to sent her money.

The local place like Dollex, Western Union, normally charge a low fee but they make it on the exchange rate. I just check the peso and it is 13.60 to the dollar. Dollex at this moment only pays 12.30 per peso. 1.30 per dollar is a great deal since I will sending her ~ 6 k per year.

My thought is to have Forex do the exchange for me and wire the funds to her account at Walmart's Bank in Mexico.

This is where she does her shopping, her cable bill for 60 channels is only 15 dollars per month: I am envy mine is the same with another decimal point.

Any thoughts are welcome

HF63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Confused about dryer sheets
For that amount of money, consider opening up a Charles Schwab account with banking feature. They have a no foreign transaction fee ATM card. I have one and use it when I travel out of the country. I have been happy with the exchange rates that I get, close to what you see in the newspapers and much better than what I would get at a bank or hotel.

I have heard that is reasonable if you don't like the ATM idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

smokey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I heard an ad on the radio: Walmart does this. Go into one of their stores and send her the money.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote