Join Early Retirement Today

Money Tree SW - Golden Years detailed planning
Old 04-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Money Tree SW - Golden Years detailed planning

(Curious if others use this. I get nothing for the below but see so many folks wondering about long term cash flow and this is the cats meow for that. HTH)

I looked long and hard for an advanced professional level financial planning tool that was detailed in inputs and outputs. As well has understood taxes well.

Money Tree Software will sell it's professional tool (Golden Years) to individuals for half the price of the software and half price for the yearly maintenance. Some of the best money I've ever spent and continue to spend (I think it was $175 for maint in Dec - trivial money to me for what it does and on going provides -- I use the desktop version).

Total Planning Suite is like the data entry part and then Golden Years has all the reporting and output details. It is fantastic!!!!

Retirement Planning Software | Cash Flow | Golden Years

Features
* Advanced Cash Flow Planning
* Cash flows before and after tax
* Model plans around life events
* Sources and uses of funds analysis
* Control sources of funds
* Illustrate accumulation and drawdown
* 10,000 Monte Carlo simulations, including option for Fat Tail
* Detailed cash flow and drawdowns
* Highly accurate yearly tax analysis
* Model irregular income and expense cash flows
* Incorporate inherited IRA RMDs and rental real estate
* Illustrate sources and uses of funds
* Control drawdowns by asset
* Display unique Audit Trail for fast verification

On the link above
Get to Know Golden Years:
* Sample Reports
* Tutorials
* Videos
* Tech Tips
* Program Questionnaire
* Product Features
eroscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

No offense, but the Fidelity Retirement Planner can do the same thing, for free.
FIRE no later than 7/5/2016 at 56 (done), securing '16 401K match (done), getting '15 401K match (done), LTI Bonus (done), Perf bonus (done), maxing out 401K (done), picking up 1,000 hours to get another year of pension (done), July 1st benefits (vacation day, healthcare) (done), July 4th holiday. 0 days left. (done) OFFICIALLY RETIRED 7/5/2016!!
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
No offense, but the Fidelity Retirement Planner can do the same thing, for free.
No offense taken at all. I have used that tool as well along with dozens of others. I don't think it compares at all.

I don't know why fret about their FI and RE but won't spend a few bucks to double and triple check it in detail.

FireCalc, fourpercent, etc, etc are just highlevel.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I took a quick look at the website and sample report. It seems pretty comprehensive.

I like that a tax calculation is integrated into the product (I have done something similar in my Excel projections).

I suspect that you could do some testing of the impact of Roth conversions by entering them manually from ER until RMD age and comparing the two reports.

I think that between QLP, Firecalc and my Excel model I cover the same ground but a single integrated product would be nice. Something to keep in mind. I wonder how it compares to ESPlanner.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:11 PM   #5

I reviewed the Fidelity planning tools just a little while ago. It was pitiful by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I took a quick look at the website and sample report. It seems pretty comprehensive.

I like that a tax calculation is integrated into the product (I have done something similar in my Excel projections).

I suspect that you could do some testing of the impact of Roth conversions by entering them manually from ER until RMD age and comparing the two reports.

I think that between QLP, Firecalc and my Excel model I cover the same ground but a single integrated product would be nice. Something to keep in mind. I wonder how it compares to ESPlanner.
It has the ability to compare different plans you set up.

One of the great things is that you can pick some assets to get separate reports on (ie. if you have several ROTH you can focus on the big one or whatever).

As well you can change distributions at different ages for each one.
Example we are pulling from 3 different Roll Over IRAs until we are 59.5 and then will change or adjust to other accounts. We put in that info.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/1nOkaKI.png
Old 04-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #6

It appears you can trial the desktop or online version for 30 days. I did the desktop trial version but it was quite a while ago.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/gC6VniJ.png