More AIG Tomfoolery...........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Me: You sent me a letter stating you needed 3 things to process the claim, a letter from the beneficiary stating they are the beneficiary, a certified death certificate, and the orginal policy, right?

AIG: That is correct.

Me: Well the policy was taken out in 1961, and I don't believe my sister ever got the original policy when she assumed the payments of it in 1983.

AIG: So, are you saying you don't have the original contract??

Me: I thought that's what I was saying............what did you think I was saying?

AIG: Sorry, I just was distracted for a minute..........

Me: Also, it says the beneficiary has to provide a letter to you signed by them. I would like to make that happen, but when I called before you guys wouldn't tell me who that person was, and I still don't know. So, who is the beneficiary?

AIG: I'm sorry, I can't tell you that.............

Me: I have a certified death ceritificate and my letters of appointment I can fax you, if I did that, would you tell me?

AIG: No, it's not our policy to give you that information over the phone.........

Me: Even on a recorded line, when I can prove I am handling the estate:confused:

AIG: Yes................

Me: (getting angry): So, help me understand. You want me to send a letter from an UNKNOWN beneficiary so you can process the death claim, how can I do that?

AIG: Oh..........so you don't know who the beneficiary is?

Me: How could I, you guys won't tell me!!!

AIG: Ok............I'll send you a letter telling you who the party is..........

Me: Can you fax it to me?

AIG: No....................

Me: Ok, I give up, send me the letter.......

AIG: Thank you for calling AIG, can I help you with anything else??

Me: No, trust me, you've done plenty already.................... :-\

FD, I would seriously cosider lodging a complaint with your state's insurance regulator. Which state are we talking about? If it is NY, CA, NJ, or MA, the regulator will be especially receptive.

brewer12345 said:
FD, I would seriously cosider lodging a complaint with your state's insurance regulator.  Which state are we talking about?  If it is NY, CA, NJ, or MA, the regulator will be especially receptive.

It's Nebraska............. :eek: :eek: I think one of my sister's closest friends said it best:

They drove from Madison, Wisconsin to Lincoln with 5 people to pay their respects at her life celebration event. Jennifer's comment as they crossed the Mississippi and hit Dubuque?

"Folks, civilization as we know it is now in your rear view mirror"!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ugh, Nebraska. State motto: "Home of the loosest insurance regulation outside of Bermuda."

FinanceDude said:
AIG: Ok............I'll send you a letter telling you who the party is..........
Oh, I'm sure they'll do more.

When you get the letter it'll state that you're the beneficiary. Only they'll spell your name wrong so that you won't be able to work with AIG until you legally change your name to meet their standards...

Back
Top Bottom