More bizzare ramblings from Kiyosaki

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
How many factual errors or unsupported conclusions can you find in the article below?

the-rise-and-fall-of-america: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

I'll start with two.

1)democracies have voted in governments that promise spending cuts rather than deficit spending.......eg UK earlier this year.

2) Pilgrims left the Netherlands for America for economic and cultural reasons as they were free to worship as they liked in the Netherlands.

Mistified why the spanish aren't mentioned in the founding of America?

He doesn't know jack.............

How many factual errors or unsupported conclusions can you find in the article below?

I'll start with two.

1)democracies have voted in governments that promise spending cuts rather than deficit spending.......eg UK earlier this year.

2) Pilgrims left the Netherlands for America for economic and cultural reasons as they were free to worship as they liked in the Netherlands.

Wow - I didn't know that the pilgrims tried Holland first (for 12 years), but couldn't make it economically before coming to America. They must have glossed over that in my American History class.

Those aren't mistakes... those are selective representations and interpretations of the facts until enough of them pile up to support his hypothesis. It must be a relief to have a lot of facts to choose from after all the "facts" he had to make up in Rich Dad Poor Dad.

If he'd written this article in the 1980s it would have proclaimed how the Japanese were bankrupting America with their cheap consumer goods. In the 1960s it would've railed against the Soviets.

He's also ignorant of what the gold standard did to 1920s and 1930s economies before WWII took over.

I have to admit that I like Kiyosaki for the purpose he serves. Millions of people read his books and said to themselves "Heck, if this idiot can make himself rich then I can too!!"

I'll start with two.

Of course his essay is unpopular, and you have been able to reject it based on what appear to me to be "so what" objections. So what if the Pilgrims went to Holland first? In fact they were not so free there, as their well paying occupations in England were mostly closed to them. This may not have been religious persecution, I really do not know, but it made them willing to try a very arduous and dangerous voyage to America. This was nothing like the migrations of the 19th century!

Also, we'll see how England does with this. The English are a generally well behaved and reasonable people, but there is nevertheless quite an outcry over this change. Thatcher did turn aound their welfare state to some degree, but again, one swallow does not make a spring.

And look how well the French, and Spanish, and Greeks are dealing with their very modest hitches in nipple access.

Ha

Of course his essay is unpopular, and you have been able to reject it based on what appear to me to be "so what" objections.

Sure, they are just the first sloppy statements that I found......and indicative of poorly reasoned arguments and false conclusions. The guy's a snake oil salesman....that's how he got rich

Sure, they are just the first sloppy statements that I found......and indicative of poorly reasoned arguments and false conclusions. The guy's a snake oil salesman....that's how he got rich
I completely agree. However his selling has nothing that I can see to do with his thesis here, which is actually amply supported by many hunderds of years of human politics, and pointed out by much more learned writers than Kiyosaki. And I don't judge that the statements that you singled out are really sloppy. Incomplete, sure. No one would even read an exhaustive historical account of everything that bore on the Pilgrims' journey to America, much less an analysis of Spanish settlements in what became the United States. And the editors would reject it for length, boringness, and relevancy. As to his conclusion, that democracy is a temporary form of government, destined to eventually be toppled by internal rot caused by the pimpery of government catering to their always demanding constituencies, just imagine trying to prove the opposite!

Ha

Back
Top Bottom