More on Inflation: FOMC minutes

wabmester

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is sort of interesting.   The FOMC publishes their minutes a few weeks after each meeting.  They discussed inflation quite a bit at the last meeting, and the net result is that they see it rising, but not so much that they need to invoke the Taylor Principle nuke.   Just 1/4-point at a time for now:

Sept meeting

Bernanke just came out Tuesday and said inflation is up, but that energy inflation hasn't really hit the core goods yet.   The fed seems to think it won't.  September CPI comes out on Thursday, and it'll probably show the biggest blip this year, but I assume it won't show a big blip in core.

wab said:
This is sort of interesting.   The FOMC publishes their minutes a few weeks after each meeting.  They discussed inflation quite a bit at the last meeting, and the net result is that they see it rising, but not so much that they need to invoke the Taylor Principle nuke.   Just 1/4-point at a time for now:

Sept meeting

Bernanke just came out Tuesday and said inflation is up, but that energy inflation hasn't really hit the core goods yet.   The fed seems to think it won't.  September CPI comes out on Thursday, and it'll probably show the biggest blip this year, but I assume it won't show a big blip in core.

Yah the core is where the good stuff is....
Hey, I don't know how long you cooked it, but this computer is deelish!!
Pass me a little  chunk of that firestone tire, and oh yah, the sauce too please :p :p

Back
Top Bottom