Moving 403b to fidelity. What funds should i look at?

dooo42

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm moving my 403b to fidelity (vanguard is not a vendor at my job) and i'm looking for low fee funds that perform well. have read about all in one retirement freedom funds but have a somewhat high expense ratio and then i have read about these spartan funds with low expense ratio. don't know much about either one besides the expense ratio. are these actively managed? i'm new to this stuff so i'm learning as i go. any help would be appreciated

I use Fido's Spartan index funds. I'm happy with them so far.

how do i know which spartan to get into?

there are a few spartan funds to choose from? which should i look into?

You need to decide for yourself after getting educated about investing. There is an excellent reading list here: http://www.early-retirement.org/for...reading-list-with-a-military-twist-46732.html and at bogleheads Books: Recommendations and Reviews - Bogleheads

Any (or all) of these three is where I would recommend starting. They should be available at your local library:

"The Intelligent Asset Allocator" by William Bernstein
"All About Asset Allocation" by Rick Ferri
"The Boglehead's Guide to Investing" by Taylor Larimore, Mel Lindauer, and Michael LeBoeuf

DD

The short answer is that you need to decide on an asset allocation which includes all of your investments. Choose the ones in the Fido account that best fits your needs, then round out the total asset allocation in IRAs and taxable accounts that allow more flexibility in your choices.

The resources that DD pointed out above will tell you how.

Back
Top Bottom