moving 403bs to fidelity..need some possible advice on what might be next move..help

dooo42

Recycles dryer sheets
my wife and i are transferring our 403bs from metlife/AXA to fidelity because of all the fees we are getting wacked with. Both of us will retire in about 30 years and i have about 43,000$ and she has about 18,000$. What would be our best move in terms of funds with the money each of us has? We can't use vanguard because they are not a vendor with my employer. i have read about the freedom funds which aren't that great but not that bad when compared to other funds. I have read about the spartan funds which have low expense ratios but i don't know if each of us has enough to open all of the spartan accounts that we would like to. should we both move our money into the freedom funds and wait until we have enough money to open all of the spartan funds? any other ideas?

You only need 4 Spartan funds to cover the 3 major asset classes. The Total Market Index Fund for domestic equities, the International Index Fund and some combination of the Short and Intermediate Term Treasury Fund for your bonds. In my 403b with them they only offer the Spartan International, the Spartan 500 Index Fund and for bonds they actually offer Vanguards Total Bond Fund. So I use those three.

DD

Agree with the Spartan funds. Generally a good strategy is to use the best options in your 403(b), then fill out your asset allocation strategy with IRAs and taxable accounts, which have more choices.

Back
Top Bottom